Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Attachment 112246

    Just st remember the legality of mounting any lights. The law is that any auxiliary lights must not be mounted higher than the factory vehicle lights.

    so ones on top of the bulbar and others as above are illegal

    be warned, as if the sheriff is havin a bad day or the scalies pull you over expect a fine.
    Cheers

    Steven

  2. #17

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    There is also the protrusion laws to consider too.

    Personally I prefer a good pair of 150 halogen sealed beams....they throw a slightly yellow light that is more comfortable on the eyes after a long night's driving. Plus they are cheap as chips too.
    Jack.

  3. #18

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    light bar not shing very far forward.jpgLight Bar not shining to sides.jpg

    ok got the light bar on and going. Pretty ordinary I think and I am disappointed. If I had my time again I would go a couple of lightforce spotties. They don't shone very far forward and there is virtually no spread on them. The Patrols spotties leave these for dead

  4. #19

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    If that's the case then all emergency vehicles should also have their lights removed. Ass of a law, "do as I say, not do as I do". Pig, Kangaroo and Rabbit shooters would be pissed off if that was to happen. In the country and out west one needs good lights mounted higher.

  5. #20

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Light bars on top of bullbar will get you a defect. Got done last week. Took 5 mins to take it off roadside and they were OK with that. There's a lot less police/transport authorities getting around in the bush so a lot less chance of getting done.

  6. #21

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    to make it simple.. on road driving light, cannot exceed 45k on low beams so philips crystal/white vision 4300k would be the most legal you can ever get, the watt on bulb is just pending on brightness, such as using led light at 18w for 4300k brightness, not that it matters

    if installing HID on low beam for some stupid reason
    u'll need the headlight self-levelling device which gonna cost you 200$ lol assuming you can find a good auto electrician who can do more then blue to blue wire

    HID can be installed on high beams, which can also be installed on grills light and mounted roof light and must not be active less then 200m

    anything the above, mainly with 45k light limit for low beam, if you caused an accident and is blamed for it, you'll never dig your way out of debt on that one, no insurance will cover you, your 3rd party insurance will also be revoke as you'll be consider an unwrothy rwc vechile... so trend carefully, if u think the road is too dark with the high beam or 45k limit light beam then i suggest you get your eyes checked

  7. #22

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Quote Originally Posted by mitc69 View Post
    to make it simple.. on road driving light, cannot exceed 45k on low beams so philips crystal/white vision 4300k would be the most legal you can ever get, the watt on bulb is just pending on brightness, such as using led light at 18w for 4300k brightness, not that it matters

    if installing HID on low beam for some stupid reason
    u'll need the headlight self-levelling device which gonna cost you 200$ lol assuming you can find a good auto electrician who can do more then blue to blue wire

    HID can be installed on high beams, which can also be installed on grills light and mounted roof light and must not be active less then 200m

    anything the above, mainly with 45k light limit for low beam, if you caused an accident and is blamed for it, you'll never dig your way out of debt on that one, no insurance will cover you, your 3rd party insurance will also be revoke as you'll be consider an unwrothy rwc vechile... so trend carefully, if u think the road is too dark with the high beam or 45k limit light beam then i suggest you get your eyes checked
    Yeah, and for those who drive their cars on the road in daylight hours with their headlights on should also get off the road, if you cant see the road and the environment in daylight , a lot of lazy people cant be bothered to switch auto lights to off. FFS

  8. #23

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Oh yeah, that's a real issue....FFS.

    Motorcyclists got compulsory lights on for several years.
    Some company fleet vehicles got same.
    Swedish vehicles were (maybe still are) wired that way.

    While the jury is out and benefits could not be justified, I've never heard anyone coming up with a reason against it.

  9. #24

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Yeah, and for those who drive their cars on the road in daylight hours with their headlights on should also get off the road, if you cant see the road and the environment in daylight , a lot of lazy people cant be bothered to switch auto lights to off. FFS
    FFS I am in trouble. I cant actually turn my lights off. They come on as soon as the engine starts

  10. #25

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Ok Some times I'm not so good at follow up emails.
    Had the bullbar and lights fitted yesterday. I held off on the lightbar as I wanted to know the width of the middle rail on the bullbar. The new XGT Lightforce halogen lights are BRIGHT. Both are spotties and light up about 400m in front. I need the LED Lightbar to spread the light pattern across the first 50m in front of the car - both across the road and off the edges.
    Brett
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #26

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    WTF are you going to do with that thing?...........scrape dead cows off the road lol........shes a monster bar mate!
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

  12. #27

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Mr Plow that's my name, that name again is Mr Plow.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  13. #28

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    What's that skip ??

  14. #29

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Is that bar legal in NSW. I thought they were banning the five upright bars.
    Dale

    I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

  15. #30

    Re: Is it just me or have lights become complicated

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Is that bar legal in NSW. I thought they were banning the five upright bars.
    Dale - would you believe that its only the 3 post bar. They do make a 5 post bar. I'm not sure what its meant to stop. Armour plated roos driving tanks maybe?
    Brett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us