Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2300 noosacat

Re: 2300 noosacat

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Sorry mate not scooby Doo... Jacobs wells 23"?
    vmr boat is on boats online
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Quote Originally Posted by hookinin View Post
    I'm tapped out at the moment . Had to melt some 32oz leads down to make the 4kg deep drops the other day. i'll have to look for another source for lead as the local demolition guy close.
    Stuff melting them down again!!!
    I put my feelers out today for more to restock my small stock

you got a mould yet for the deep drop sinkes rob or still using the cans
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Stuff melting them down again!!!
    I put my feelers out today for more to restock my small stock
    i have a 43kg house batterie i just pulled out
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    you got a mould yet for the deep drop sinkes rob or still using the cans
    Yes, made a mould couple years ago out of 65mm gal. tubing.
    Can make any weight from 2kg up.
    Never used cans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post
    Neither of you clowns would have an iq in double figures! Hardly worth bragging about....

I joined "The Rebel Alliance"

Thats got to be Grazz... Cobiaman... Silver unicorn.... Otherwise known as the jockey. Where's your horse Grazz?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Yes! Banana wanna hook me up with your secret lead supplier? Making sinkers is a pain in the ass so when I get set up to do it I want to crank out about that much worth in one go.......need to collect the lead first

Mate I wouldn't know I've been lucky with Hookinin mate. He's been like the "Tackle Warehouse " when it comes to supplying sinkers.. All sizes big or small. Moejoes made me a heap of deep drop sinkers a couple of years ago that have been excellent.. I'm just about to knock up a heap of deep drop sinkers at a foundery with some jigs one of the guys made so I too will be chasing lead.. About 500kg

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Mate I wouldn't know I've been lucky with Hookinin mate. He's been like the "Tackle Warehouse " when it comes to supplying sinkers.. All sizes big or small. Moejoes made me a heap of deep drop sinkers a couple of years ago that have been excellent.. I'm just about to knock up a heap of deep drop sinkers at a foundery with some jigs one of the guys made so I too will be chasing lead.. About 500kg
    Moonshine Mark had a line on a lot of lead recently.

image.jpgJust seen this on FB mate .. Over size tho
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

yeah mick I spoke to him quiet a few time on fone..I wanted to go see it a few times now but everytime I want to go he has something on or some bullshit story so have now scratched it from the list

on another note how important is it to have counter rotatin props on a cat..had a look at a cat on the weekend had 115 mercs non counter rotatin and there is also another cat with 90 etecs which id say non counter rotating as well...
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

yeah mick I spoke to him quiet a few time on fone..I wanted to go see it a few times now but everytime I want to go he has something on or some bullshit story so have now scratched it from the list

on another note how important is it to have counter rotatin props on a cat..had a look at a cat on the weekend had 115 mercs non counter rotatin and there is also another cat with 90 etecs which id say non counter rotating as well...
    They travel better if they are counter rotating, (like a good wheel alignment) but this can be reduced with correct adjustment of the trim anode. (if not c/r)

Best thing about counter rotating is the increased maneuverability at low speed./ close quarters

[QUOTE=rosco1974;1608909]you got a mould yet for the deep drop sinkes rob or still using the cans[/QUOTE

Rosco,

Mate this is a 6 kg mould .... Magic Mikes knocked this one up..
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=bannana;1609427]
    you got a mould yet for the deep drop sinkes rob or still using the cans[/QUOTE

Rosco,

Mate this is a 6 kg mould .... Magic Mikes knocked this one up..
    work of art!!

I have a 1.2 kg and a 2.4 kg mould... u can use whenever u want rosco..... ps if u need to use 6kg of sinker u wont feel the bites...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic 632 View Post
    I have a 1.2 kg and a 2.4 kg mould... u can use whenever u want rosco..... ps if u need to use 6kg of sinker u wont feel the bites...
    That's not true.
    I used to use 2 feet of heavy gauge railway line and i could feel every bite,including small pickers on 7mm mainline and 5mm traces.