Thread: Raymarine Dragon Fly 7 Combo

Raymarine Dragon Fly 7 Combo

Hi

I am looking at the Raymaine Dragon Fly 7 Unit - seems to be in run out/clearance with deals like these $799 with maps

http://www.boatingandrv.com.au/rayma...nar-gps-chirp/.

I am looking to spend a max of $1500 and for around half that price the Dragon Fly 7 seems to be a standout.

Is there any reason to go for a different unit.

My fishing is bay, estuary and up to 80m deep. current unit is a Lowrance HDSX 5 standalone sounder with an old out of date non upgradeable hummingbird GPS.

all thoughts and input greatly considered.

cheers
    Stevet

Re: Raymarine Dragon Fly 7 Combo

I have one in my tinny. I like it. Was easy to install and works well. I bought mine from Reel Tackle, whilst Lance is a good mate of mine and I got it at a great price, might be worth seeing what he can do....

i got one, i find dragon sonar better then Lowrance Elite-7 and Humminbird in the same price range, easier to see fish but a smaller screen lol

new 7pro model is on its way.

the dragonfly 7 is.......

okay well pros.. first.
    sonar is very good. chirp based. downscan is crispy.
    its...well priced

cons
    the interface is clunky
    the mount is the worst on the market
    the mapping is slow to load

pros and cons really

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

thank you gents

wondering aloud if the 7pro has addressed the cons - suppose time will tell -

I have not been able to find any reviews of the 7pro.

choclatemoose -you seen to be close to the industry - advice gratefully anticipated.

Cheers
    Stevet

sort of thinking to wait for the 7pro and then make up my mind which way to go.

Stevet

the 7 pro does adress some "even though its not out and i havnt been able to play with it just yet. but juding by what they did for the 5" model with the 5pro" they went back to a happy but workable membrane panel for its buttons instead of the atari joystick.

its .. sort of fixed the mounting issue. isntead of a weird and cumbosome quick release bracket.. its now a ....screwed down ball and socket bracket... hmmm

still. it is now featuring wifi

id be having a look at the garmin 75 chirp when released too

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au