Thread: 1770 Aussie day

1770 Aussie day

Hi all, first time posting a a report thought I'd share our Australia Day fishing with the family. Towed the boat to 1770 on Monday arvo and with a dodgy forecast as far as storms about we stayed over nite at Agnes palms motel, cheep and clean and after getting smashed by a cracking storm in Fitz lagoon last year on corresponding Aussie day eve last year the motel was super comfy. We hit the water at about 6 and headed out to Fitzroy to target some trout, we'd had pretty good success between x-mas and new year when we were holidaying for a few weeks and decided to test our shallow water technique again. Weather was OK early much better than I expected and from about 7 onwards just got better and better! Reached the reef and got into it! Wife drops first pillie in while I finish rigging 3 kids lines well 1 kids line she's on! Result nice trout beauty there on today. Got kids sorted out and ready to drop myself, maybe not youngest blokes on (7yo) going great up she comes oh yeah nice trout, then about 20 foot from boat big silver flash and a g.t.s got his trout bit of a struggle for about 15 secs and the young fella gets his trout less its body, the bloody thing left him just the head. We pulled the odd trout from most hangs until the Sharks moved in and took over, was little unusual they hardly bothered us at x-mas. We pulled the pin at 1pm and headed into the lagoon for a couple hours snorkelling, then headed for home in great conditions 30+ knots for a vmr log off around430. Great way to spend Australia Day with the family in primo place and all at our door step. End result 16 trout including 3 coronation (wat cracking looking fish they are and 6 rte. hope the pics come out not real tech savy.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	112178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	112177  

Re: 1770 Aussie day

Good read mate & the kids would have loved it!!

They do mate, but when 3 kids 7,8,11 bgb and mum all decide to fish at once, poor old dad misses out. but hey when they catch fish like the one in the pic I'm a happy boy. I think I only got 3 or 4 fish!!!!

Nice fish well done.

Quote Originally Posted by KEMEL K View Post
    They do mate, but when 3 kids 7,8,11 bgb and mum all decide to fish at once, poor old dad misses out. but hey when they catch fish like the one in the pic I'm a happy boy. I think I only got 3 or 4 fish!!!!
    They don't know it yet mate but they will cherish all the times you didn't get to fish and remember why ...
    top family fishing trip
    happy days ahead summer is coming

That's a great trip! Thanks for sharing
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Great report thanks for that. Sounds like you had a better Australia Day than Mitchell Pearce!

Awesome report Kemel.
    I can't wait to have a go up there.
    Tim

Great report mate and awesome fish well done. Cherish the kids coming out with you mine don't anymore and I can tell you it disappointing