Thread: Rainbow Beach - Any advice?

Rainbow Beach - Any advice?

G'day reader,

Taking the young family up to Rainbow Beach for a weeks holiday in early Feb. Would like to take the spouse and young fella for a fish but constrained to land based fishing unfortunately.

Any tips, suggestions or advice for locations, what to target or bait on offer (yabbie pump?) would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,
    NAFAI

Re: Rainbow Beach - Any advice?

My mate fished straight of the beach in front of the caravan park over Christmas, landed squire up to 42cm, Moses pearch and sweet lip and a couple of spotties. He was using Taylor fillets that he caught fresh. I was blown away. (He also did alright on the Taylor. Dusk and dawn he said the bite was on. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Nick

Thanks Nick, sounds like your mate did very well. Cheers.

fresh caught nippers are always good for flatties and whiting, usually fish dead low on the west side of inskip point.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    fresh caught nippers are always good for flatties and whiting, usually fish dead low on the west side of inskip point.
    Thanks McKnight. Same area for nippers at a guess?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mate, drive down to the car park near the barge landing and drop off u can walk to the beach and have a fish.

Yeah same area, take a yabby pump and walk out on the flats as the tide runs out and exposes the flats.