Thread: Great prices on crabbing gear at BCF Cleveland

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Great prices on crabbing gear at BCF Cleveland

They have a huge stock of S/S bait hooks for attaching your frames in your pots! Normally you would pay from $2.50 to $3.50 each for them but they are now 75c!

Also some reasonably big, heavy duty, round, collapse mesh crab pots withy all the floats, ropes, name tags etc. You get FOUR pots and the extras for $75.00

If you come down this way, Mossops is now a great shop with oodles of first class live and frozen bait supplies including mullet frames. Think they are about 8 for $5-6.00 - not totally sure on that or Aussie Seafoods at Capalaba have nice fresh deep sea frames but you'll pay about 70/80c each for them!

Bad news is that southern part of the Bay seems destitute of crabs and with the strongest run-out current I have ever seen. We lost four pots in 5 metres of water due the run and I had difficulty even pulling them in against the tide!

Re: Great prices on crabbing gear at BCF Cleveland

Don't know about the prices of the traps, but just yesterday I got a pack of 4 bait clips for $2.95 at my local tackle store, so not exactly sure that BCF is cheap.

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

They're maybe galvanised are they?

BCF had the same deal for their four but all gal!

Nope, stainless, obviously cheap Chinese stainless, the gal ones seem to last forever anyway, I usually hose my pots when I get home, and they last for years.

Thanks for the tip , I have a mate who lives near there I will get him to grab some ss clips for me. Cheers