Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any prawns

Cool any prawns

Any prawns around. I did hear there are some appearing in the Pine River

bazza

Blog Entries

Re: any prawns

I have heard the same. Caboolture river too.

well there a prawn trawler up the brissy river so some in there i guess... but i be going pine river on weekend i let u know

The prawns are getting bigger in the Pine river there will be a crowd there on the weekend .
    I hope to get up there on Monday. Good luck to anyone heading there.

bazza

Must of been a dozen boats working near the marker just upstream of the bridge over the pine river when I went past about 4:30 this arvo. Looked like they were getting heaps as well.

Got a couple of kilos in a nearby creek, recently. They are there. Bananas.

Cuzza

up pine river this morning, very winding, but manage to get afew kilo and a nice surprise

ID?
    what length?
    Jack.

73cm barra

Shame it had to be thrown back.

What a bonus. Just to see a fish like that even if you have to return it to the water,

Be a real bonus if you took it home during a closed season and got caught. Midday Feb 1 onwards it would be great.

im not a big fan on scale fish, hate scaling and gutting lol... if it not a non scale fish i dont even bother, it just catch and release, im one of those guys who think flat head are disgusting while everyone think it good eating... im still thinking wtf!
    but good thing is prawn are around,

Quote Originally Posted by mitc69 View Post
    im not a big fan on scale fish, hate scaling and gutting lol... if it not a non scale fish i dont even bother, it just catch and release, im one of those guys who think flat head are disgusting while everyone think it good eating... im still thinking wtf!
    but good thing is prawn are around,
    The prawns have been in The Noosa river, Maroochy, Pine and Caboolture rivers for at least the past fortnight.2 blokes told me they got half a bucket near the pin Friday arvo and were heading back Saturday. I was at Caboolture yesterday they had been thick there until yesterday. Still managed my limit though. Good quality white Bananas. Very clean and very sweet. I've been told the Pine prawns are smaller. But they grow fast. Looks good for Nudgee in the next few weeks

I was at the Pine this morning got enough prawns for a sandwich. Also got two mullet, one flathead and a sandcrab.