Thread: whiting

whiting

left manly ramp about 4-45....{bit of a whinge, why do people have to see where they have been and leave headlights on when reversing to launch their boat, makes it harder to reverse for others when headlights are glaring at you}
    went out to small ships channel and was only catching them small pesty reefies
    eventually found the whiting closer to rouse end of channel and got some good size whiting
    when they went off the bite I headed to eastern end fishermans gutter and found small whiting
    got 35 and had an early day heading back at 8-15

where were you Greg aka seahorse

cheers

robin

Re: whiting

A mate fished it Tuesday and got 90 in no time before he and his son ran out of bait. TO be fair, they WERE using yabbies which is the premium bait for whiting out there.
    He got them further up the Little Ships toward the Chain Banks more.
    They bit hard on the runout tide. Another mate went to the same spot later in the day and couldn't get them on the bite on the run in.
    ps. Totally agree about headlights on boat ramps!

Great work Robin. Sounds like a good feed mate.
    I was going to try out rous, but tide was good around my way at clontarf for flatties.

go a few of them then headed out to out grounds out front nudgee.

Ended up with 40 but size was average.

Rous on next trip.

Thanks drpete. I find that squid strips and prawn pieces do the job. At least with the squid u get a second hit.

cheers
    greg

Oh absolutely. I'm usually too lazy to pump yabbies so I keep frozen worms, prawns and squid in the bait freezer.
    But if whiting are around and they're being fussy, they can't resist the yabbies.
    If they're already on the chew, then any of the above mentioned baits will slay them pretty much equally well.
    Peter

I was also out there yesterday and agree that the bite was better on the run out tide. I left Manly at 4:30am for the early bite but there was not a lot happening leading up to the top of the tide.

I always find the run out the best

Cow heart cut into thin strips about $3 from woolies mix a bit of red food coloring in with it, bay whiting love it

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yeah tried the heart with food dye. Just damm messy i found. Everything u touched turned red.