Thread: port of brisbane pontoon

port of brisbane pontoon

curious ppl fishing off the pontoon is that still legal?

Re: port of brisbane pontoon

well got confirmation from port of brisbane security and relations and it legal to fish off that pontoon, well i was there on tuesday lunch on pontoon fishing for whiting for my queenie in my fish tanks, some douche came over in his cruise craft after fishing, instead of going to left hand side he decide to be douche coming to the right and side, and showing off with his crap saying we not allow to fish off it... well unlucky for u if you do read these forum or is a member, pay back gonna be a bitch when i get around to it, i wont forgot a douche face like that and his high horse kids, trust me on that... we dont all land fish cuz we cant afford a boat, god sake who cant play share market and make afew 100ks off it lol,many of us just fish for fun and take the family on a non wet trip, some of you douche out there need get your head out of your ass.... personally they were just lucky the port of brisbane has camera all over the place

well im not sure on the situation at POB but even if its legal or not it is still nice if a fisherman can wind his line in while the boat appraoches or leaves the dock.

yes i understand that some people in their boats think they own the pontoons but some land based fisherman also think that the pontoon was put there to help then get their line out a bit further. its the same with many boat ramps, are they provided to launch and retireve a boat or provide fisherman a nice solid place to stand?

dont take this as me having a go at you im just saying its also legal to approach the pontoon in a boat so everyone has to share and how many fish are you going to miss out on if you need to wind your line in for 5 minutes.

way I read mitc69's thread was the guy went to the right hand side when there was no need to
    if you are coming into pontoon from the water you would be on the ramp side, leaving the other side free for land fishermen/women to fish
    yes I have a boat but we must also respect those without as long as they also do the right thing

Which way was wind and tide going?

It the same thing i say to all my employees, if u wanna have a go.. get your facts right and check your crap, always respect other and there ways, there no need for out bust comments (not directing at any1 above, i;m just saying)

wind to west about 10-15knots, tide going down, pontoon sit nice at 5m depth 50m long, no1 there but us at the time, no one queuing, every other boat that came before him came into left side of pontoon like there suppose to lol..
    the way how i see a pontoon...

left side pontoon if your facing north is where u ramp out your boat and dock it on the pontoon hanger while u park... right hand side of pontoon is where u dock if the left hand side is full then you get your trailer then u move it to the left when it clear tho most just like to idle out in the water and wait... otherwise if it a pontoon with ramp on both side, right hand side going out, left hand side going in just like giving way...

if it clear, always come into the left hand side, leaving right hand side for other fishermen in the area... cuz you gonna come back into the left anyway... call sharing

to be honest i didnt pull up the line, has i thought he was hooking in to the left but turn out not... and like he said i should pull up my line has i saw him commin in, but likewise given that the pontoon was all clear way he choose to come to the right anyway, knowing that he has to go to the left, is what i consider a douche then had a go at me about we not allow to fish there and get yourself a boat lol, just cuz i dont choose to wear crap from bcf and i enjoy my own wears... well i've reel up a wire line for him next time i see him

i do agreed with sam, i think they need 101 book for ramps and pontoon, everything fishermen/boating do is legal... it how they do it that makes a different

well got confirmation from port of brisbane security and relations and it legal to fish off that pontoon, well i was there on tuesday lunch on pontoon fishing for whiting for my queenie in my fish tanks, some douche came over in his cruise craft after fishing, instead of going to left hand side he decide to be douche coming to the right and side, and showing off with his crap saying we not allow to fish off it... well unlucky for u if you do read these forum or is a member, pay back gonna be a bitch when i get around to it, i wont forgot a douche face like that and his high horse kids, trust me on that... we dont all land fish cuz we cant afford a boat, god sake who cant play share market and make afew 100ks off it lol,many of us just fish for fun and take the family on a non wet trip, some of you douche out there need get your head out of your ass.... personally they were just lucky the port of brisbane has camera all over the place
    Please translate in plain english without any abuse and use spell check so i can understand what your rant is about.
    Sounds like you were after undersized whiting unless your queenie is huge.
    Cheers
    Ray

nah u can get pretty good whiting off the pontoon to your right near the post, avg size 25 during the end of high tide, nah my queenie still small about 80cm, it refusing to eat sardine lately so giving it try on whiting and see how it go

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Mitc69 I can understand to some degree your point. Dependant on tidal flow to the side of landing on this pontoon. The tide really rips through on run in and owners of well maintained vessels
    may decide that less likely risk of damage warrants the lee side of the pontoon. After all the cleats are mounted on both sides.
    I could rant on about the element that fishes from this pontoon and tries their hardest to destroy it. Not saying you fit this category but I am tasked with maintaining the pontoon and boaties are not the ones that do the damage and leave all kinds of rubbish behind when they are finished using it. I had those lights fitted not too long ago onto the pontoon and idiots are already frying to break the lenses by throwing objects up at them. Cast netters dump all the mud and rubbish all over the surface and leave it an absolute pigsty at times. Real good when getting into your boat with muddy feet.
    If your going to fish there adjust your attitude and realise it wasn't put there for fishing from but is a boat launching and retrieval facility. Feel privileged you CAN fish from it and give the boaties right of way. Security take a real dim view of trouble makers so take a sensible approach whilst you are at the port. Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

The pontoon is at a boat ramp to assist in the launch and retrieval of boats. While I have no issue with people fishing from them if they retrieve their lines, the best way to have fishing banned will be to piss off boat owners to the point that they start making complaints. They will not rule in favour of the land based fisho if this occurs. The guy probably shouldn't have given you a mouthful so much as respectfully requested you retrieve your line while he came alongside but people all do things differently - perhaps he has his fenders set for a particular side of the vessel (much the same as I do) or perhaps, much like myself, he prefers the current pulling his boat away from the pontoon rather than pushing it into it.

yup i know what pontoon is for, and yes most pontoon i've seen is completely wasted/dirty, beside the marine clubs,, i if do cast on a pontoon i always wash it down with a bucket, i personally have no problem coming on either side that what boat fender are for, 3 on left and right.. but nope he smashed good coming into the right left hand without fenders but likewise it all about attitude with all, one of the biggest reason many gets a boat and back pay is painful when it happens and to be honesty public pontoon on the term of privileged is over rated consider the amount of tax we pay and bull crap of where it go unless your using offshore account like some clients