Thread: Whiting

Whiting

I was reading the fishing reports in the sunday mail, yesterday and it said, whiting at the Rous and Sandhills.

I was just wondering if anyone can confirm this.

Summeries i take it?

We use to get winteries at this time as well.

If anyone has got any other whiting locations at the moment, give me a general area.

cheers
    greg

Re: Whiting

Hey mate,

I got a good feed of winteries the other day over at the small ships passage leading into the rouse, threw back a few small ones but the average size was around 26cm or so.

Hi mate they are trumpeter whiting (winter whiting) they are all through the rous and around amity banks, you've just gotta move around till you hit a good patch,try fishermans gutter aswell.

Thanks fellas.
    may head that way on wednesday.
    26cm is good size for winteries

cheers

sounds like a good idea Greg, been awhile for myself

Not sure if you have tried this for bait but cow/ox heart works a treat.The bay whiting love it, cut it into small thin strips.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Hi Rob
    mate been a while since i have chased the whiting.

Mdr, i have tried heart before. I got some in freezer. Maybe try again. We usually use squid strip or prawn pieces.

Might see u out there rob

Hi Rob
    mate been a while since i have chased the whiting.

Mdr, i have tried heart before. I got some in freezer. Maybe try again. We usually use squid strip or prawn pieces.

Might see u out there rob

Well I was going to head out there on saturday in the kayak but the kettle went kaput......no coffee no action.....
    Jack.

Hey jack, sunday looks better. That a bloody good paddle. Got to be keen

Got a horse of a Summery today in the cast net. Lower reaches of Cabbage Tree Creek. Not sure if it was a straggler, as I normally get small juveniles at that spot (in the net), and I don't normally fish for them, there.

Cuzza