Thread: Townsville

Townsville

Guys,

I'm off to Townsville to visit some non fishing friends and plan on organising a charter; can anyone recommend a good outfit to contact and what should I expect to be chasing late Feb?

Thanks
    Rick
    Tight lines & screamin' reels!

Re: Townsville

Eddie Riddle is good http://www.fishcity.com.au/
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

andrew mead aussie barra charters. (also does shoal fishing)
    better than other guide mentioned imho

Thanks guys, much appreciated

It's hard to get reef fish to bite especially Jan, Feb, Mar. The water is very hot the fish become lethargic and pretty much shut down. Deep water is your best bet offshore you will have to work harder though.
    " I have come to understand that I really do enjoy learning things the hard way "

Barra, fingermark, GTs and Queenies would be your prime targets that time of year. Both Eddie and Andrew are good operators that regularly put people onto good fish irrespective of tides and conditions. Both have plenty of back up spots. Andrew is probably the pick if barra are your thing but Eddie would edge him when it comes to fishing the bay for FMs, GTs etc. They both have their niche.

I wonder if myusername has been fishing with both these blokes to make the comparison??

Thanks guys, Andrew was on the only guy to return my call so the decision is easy