Thread: Arti for Weipa

Arti for Weipa

Just about everyone on Ausfish has either been to Cape York or knows someone who has. Whether it be the 'Trip to the Tip' or for a fishing expedition you are most likely going to come to Weipa for a visit.

You should be pleased to hear that a group of Weipa locals have been working towards getting artificial reefs constructed in our waters to help improve conservation, educated use, management and marine biodiversity.
    It is still early stages and of course cutting through the red tape involved is taking time. We ask that you get behind this small cape community and show your support.

Right now you can head over and follow the facebook page, there you can find current news (there is some exciting news right now, show your support) and progress reports. In the very near future you will also find a link to a web site that will take over from the facebook page. The link below should take you there. Or search for 'Artificial Reef for Weipa'

https://www.facebook.com/Artiforweip...homepage_panel

The website will then house all relevant info including the all important GPS coordinates you might be looking for when you roll into town looking to land that trophy Black Jew or Spanish Mackerel or to get your arms stretched by one of our notorious horse Tuskers. The web site most likely wont be easily found using google so its a good idea to follow the FB page early on.

If you have any questions ideas or even something to offer please feel free to contact us. All input is valued.

Thanks and tight lines,

Steve

Re: Arti for Weipa

It doesn't come up under a FB search of 'weipa'. What is the name of the FB page?
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Hey GBC thanks for that, I have edited to include a link etc.
    Cheers
    Steve

The fishing in Weipa is awesome already

Love those Giant Trevally. Give you arms a workout.

Ah my arch enemy the GT, they certainly test your skills as a fisherman. I tend to find and then lose them around our channel markers regularly.

Hi Steve, Great Idea for Weipa, I stay at Penny for a month or so a year for the last 20 years, love it up there in the winter Craig