Thread: Gold Coast Sunday Session

Gold Coast Sunday Session

Had a troll off the Goldie today along with many others, but managed to avoid the crowds and found some nice water too.

Jumped off a little marlin early and didn't see another, but managed to scratch together a few fish for the box.

cheers

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	112002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	112001  

Re: Gold Coast Sunday Session

I couldn't even raise a bite today so well done indeed!

Any tips as to what you were using while trolling.

Great catch!

What depth of water were they in?

I trolled pushers for 8 hours today (Monday 11th) off the Gold Coast in 65-80 m for a donut. Found a patch of bait and tried to jig up some livies but they were getting eaten off the bait jig. Water was nice and warm - up to 28.5 degrees today in 80 m East. I would also be interested to know what lures and approximate location. Ah well, next time.

Just running a bird and witchdoctor, and 3 lures.

Pink larva with a slant face on the long rigger, small little meridian in pink, blue pink & silver with slant face on the short rigger, & an old zacatack in yellow, blue and pink with a big plug head sitting short flat just behind the witchdoctor.

All lures caught a fish, but short flat got 2 and was hit 5+ times including the marlin bite.

Fish were 60-80m NE of the seaway.

Jeremy I went back yesterday and got hammered by the hoo loosing 3 lures and several others getting a haircut. Ended up with 1 wahoo which I foul hooked in the belly and a few gaps in my lure bag.

If i remember you have an orange boat and think I saw you on my way back in around 1pm? I was fishing a bit further north of you.

Cheers
    jim

Hi Jim,
    Yes that was me coming in at 1 pm. PM sent

Cheers Jim,

Appreciate the info!