Thread: Gold Coast Mackerel - 4 January

Gold Coast Mackerel - 4 January

Happy New Year everyone!

Finally got out on Monday after what felt like weeks of 20 - 30knot Southerlies.

Fishing was great!

Put the lures in the water just outside of the Seaway and within 30 minutes had my first hookup. Good sized Spanish beside the boat but managed to put the gaff through the split ring of the lure and pull it from the fishes mouth. Few course words and then kept on heading towards Palmy. Decided to head to an area where I've had good luck after a bit of rain. Soon after arriving another good Spanish and managed to boat this fish. Zig Zagged through the area for another spotty and a MackTuna.

Decided to anchor up for a while. Didn't have any luck for about half an hour so I started cubbing pillies. Got sick of that and started throwing whole pillies at the baits I had under balloons. Within 5 minutes boated my second Spanish and as I was dehooking my other rod goes off with another spottie. Decided that was good enough for me so packed up. Couldn't help myself so dropped another bait over the side and instantly got hit by another spottie mackerel. I'd already packed up so decided to let him swim another day.

All in all was great day. Trolled between Seaway and about 5km North of Palmy. Home by lunch time

Hopefully signs of a good season.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160104_122817.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	111945  

Re: Gold Coast Mackerel - 4 January

Thanks for the report