Thread: New Fortuner

New Fortuner

Anyone waiting for the new Fortuner as a tow vehicle will be dissapointed. 3000kg manual, 2800kg auto. Its pricing is $10g more than the collie. Owning a collie myself and just been in a Fortuner, I can lay some claim to knowing how they go. The only thing it has over my collie is engine noise or lack of unless pressed hard. On all other bench marks, its off the mark for a newish vehicle. Shiny interiors may attract your attention initially but its the ergonomics you have to live with. That rear folding third row is a disaster. Others have managed a better system. Its pricing is close to Range Rover territory too.
    As a FWD vehicle, I cant say as I dont really go extreem 4wd. Thats for others with more experience.
    On its own its probably a fairly good thing, but it does have competition and Toyota have just snubbed their nose at us consumers. Sure it will sell well, but thats a pity because other vehicles have done a better job at less money. To me its just more of Toyota's spare parts bin.
    But having said all that, its just my perspective. Check it out yourself let us know what you think.

Re: New Fortuner

There are two Hilux wagons Fortuner and the prado, they share the same drive train they all got a 2.8 litre Diesel engine for a option. The name reminds me of a 4Runner. The new 2.8 diesel is a ripper though. I think it's basically a cheaper prado. Have to check specs to see if the chassis are same, motor, gear box, diff. If they are the same as the prado or hilux, the Fortuner would be my pick for a wagon.