Thread: Tinnanbar flats

Tinnanbar flats

Just a heads up to those on the northside that get sick of the crowds in the passage that might do a bit of yak fishing ect, today we visited some folks in Tinnanbar that own a small holiday house up there, around lunchtime we went for a flick down stream or east of the boat ramp, the water wasn't real deep but in a hundred metre stretch of bank casting around the weed clumps ect I managed to pull in 8 flathead in 2 hours on plastics and lost a few more, if you had a yak you could really poke around the channels and do ok I think and no crowds either, we fished the high tide when those big flats get covered and I was really surprised at how the flathead had moved in, oh and from the northside it was 220klm but a nice day all the same..PS no shops at Tinnanbar..
    ( oh and the bruce highway, how long do we have to wait for extra lanes?, at 6pm tonight it took 1 hour 30 minutes to go the 35klm between the Caloundra turnoff and the Bribie turnoff, and its the same nearly every weekend)

Re: Tinnanbar flats

Nice one Allycat

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mdr12866 View Post
    Nice one Allycat

Gday mdr12866., how are your holidays going?, ive been out twice for not much, went out to scarborough reef last week for not a touch, but I cant complain as the other 20 boats around me got nothing either lol.

Yeh not to bad, had the boat out 3 times. Once over at amity banks and got 89 whiting and the other 2 times up at moogerah dam having a bbq with the family and towing the kids around on a tube lol.

As usual the weather has been living up to it's reputation for us boat owners

Quote Originally Posted by mdr12866 View Post
    As usual the weather has been living up to it's reputation for us boat owners

Yeah summer holidays can suck for boating and fishing, im heading out to the passage tomorrow or Thursday , and my second youngest son went out from Gladstone on the weekend and sent me some photos to rub it in, both he and the sharks got a good feed..
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	111932   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brandon.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	111931  

Aaaaaargh not fair 😂😂😂

Tomorrow looks like crap aswell

It looks to be ok in the passage though, good luck 👍