Thread: BCF Boxing Day Sales

BCF Boxing Day Sales

So who went to the BCF Boxing day sales and got a bargain?
    I went to the Morayfield store Boxing Day after receiving some gift cards for Xmas, only to be standing in a queue to registers 60 plus meters long 30mins later finally get out, then get stuck another 30mins in the chaotic traffic trying to get out of the car park

Least I got a Shimano Terez rod, so was happy

Cheers Rob.

Re: BCF Boxing Day Sales

was the discount really a good price?
    I had a look at some stuff on boxing day and the marked down price was thier normal price on some items.
    Jack.

I picked up the Terez for $240 which I thought was a fairly good price given that they are $299.
    Don't know about the other products tho.

Most of bcf prices marked down are the same as normal if you look around
    happy days ahead summer is coming

It all depends what model you purchased 15-30 lb terez rods are around $170-200 at online tackle shops. BCF always put RRP on fishing gear and even on sale they give you only 10-15% off, not much of a saving. BCF prices can still be very expansive even if products are 10-15% off. It's nice to have a good look though.

If there is something BCF put on special I want, I buy it from their on line store. They carry bugger all stock of stuff they put on special in the shops, if your not waiting at the door at opening time you probably won get it.

BCF aren't cheap for brand name rods & reels any more. Definately pays to shop around. Are the brissy stores lacking in fishing gear after the store layout revap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtoooth View Post
    It all depends what model you purchased 15-30 lb terez rods are around $170-200 at online tackle shops. BCF always put RRP on fishing gear and even on sale they give you only 10-15% off, not much of a saving. BCF prices can still be very expansive even if products are 10-15% off. It's nice to have a good look though.
    Picked up the TZC66XHPW 40-100lb, I was chasing the 40-80lb.
    Normally only go there when I get gift cards. Always end up spending more tho. Bit like a kid in a lolly shop

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Picked up the TZC66XHPW 40-100lb, I was chasing the 40-80lb.
    Normally only go there when I get gift cards. Always end up spending more tho. Bit like a kid in a lolly shop
    Good choice of rods.... About a tenth of the weight of those beach rods ya mate uses!

I joined "The Rebel Alliance"

We went today. 50% off all ski gear. Picked up some ski vests for 50 bucks down from 120. No queues no people. . I never go on Boxing Day. Too many idiots to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bull01 View Post
    Good choice of rods.... About a tenth of the weight of those beach rods ya mate uses!

I joined "The Rebel Alliance"
    Terez feels a little bit like a broom stick after using those whippy whiting rods
    Nothing wrong with using beach rods on a boat hahhhahahaa