Thread: An uninvited kayak passenger! - Hinze dam

Exclamation An uninvited kayak passenger! - Hinze dam

Out on Hinze dam this morning couple of surface hits and a dropped toga and the wind not behaving made for a fairly uneventful trip untill...
    A big rain scud was bearing down on me so I pulled up near the bank to grab the jacket from behind me and I lifted the plastic bag and this little fella was coiled up under it!
    A few expletives and a sudden shuffle to the front of the yak got me far enough away and was shallow enough to step out to knee depth water. I treat all snakes as highly venomous unless I can positively ID it there and then, but turns out it was just a yellow faced whip snake, mildly venomous but not deadly.
    I didn't see him creep up in there, so he must have snuck up in from behind me and made himself comfortable when I was sitting in the previous area casting around....

.......Ash

Re: An uninvited kayak passenger! - Hinze dam

I was going to say yellow whip snake. You did better than I would have. I would have been in the drink for sure!how did you get rid of it!

What size fish you chasin using worms that big ??

coaxed him out with the paddle and he swam off happily
    .......Ash

Oh..... and here I was waiting for the go pro footage of you trying to thread him onto a hook. Got to say I'm just a little bit disappointed

There's some gopro footage with a sudden movement backwards filled with expletives lol
    .......Ash

Quote Originally Posted by ashh View Post
    There's some gopro footage with a sudden movement backwards filled with expletives lol
    LOL - Bring out the bleeper.