Thread: Boxing Day Mac Attack

Boxing Day Mac Attack

Well after a great family get together on Christmas day, the relatives managed to strip my stock of mackerel fillets bare , in fact I didn't even get so much as a taste of the last session's fish .
    Even though the tides weren't favourable this morning for where I like to fish , the young fella was eager to try his luck, so we made an effort in getting up early and left the Raby Bay ramp at about 5.30am.
    Put the boat in the water with plenty of other punters , and we all headed out in a long conga line .
    Within 35 minutes of leaving the ramp we had our burley and lines in the water and were straight onto fish from the first cast. By 8am we had plenty of fish , so decided to put down a Go Pro Camera into the burley to see what was happening directly under the boat . I was also very interested to see what we were fishing on structure wise We simply tied the camera on a line upside down and dropped it straight over the side , left it there for about a minute and wound it up to down load at home .
    We then ran over to the Western side of Moreton Island , down near the sand hills and had a short swim and headed home .

After filleting our catch , I viewed the Go Pro footage on a TV screen at home and even though the footage was all upside down, all I could say was " Holy Crap" - we were sitting on the mother load of school mackerel and were probably very lucky to get the camera back ! The bottom was as I expected broken shell and sandstone rubble with plenty of soft corals.- it was strange though - everything was red - no other colours.
    I'll make up a tripod to sit the camera upright next time to get some decent footage.
    Boat washed , fish packed- all by lunch time .
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wreck small.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	111878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000666sm.jpg 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	111877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000662csm.jpg 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	111876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000664cs.jpg 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	111875  
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Re: Boxing Day Mac Attack

Yet again you've beaten me to a report Beastmaster, so I'll simply add that I also got on to the schoolies this morning (northern bay) with a couple of 70cm models coming aboard and a couple of smaller ones as well.

Next time I'm gonna do my report as I head back across the bay!

Nice effort both of you
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Well done, great catch. I'd love to see that video if you can post. cheers

Some nice macs there, well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.