Thread: Banks 22/12

Banks 22/12

Fished the banks on Wednesday, terrible run out at 14knots bashing into a short sharp sea. There was to much run to fish anything over a depth of 50m in the morning. After a slow start we moved to some shallower marks pulled a good feed of mixed reefies, red throat, finger mark and gold spot wrasse. I landed a good size dolly and a Spanish Mac just over a meter. They made the ruff trip out worth the bone jarring. Trolled for an hour just outside the blinker as there were plenty of birds working but nothing biting. Back at the ramp by 12pm with no knees Ahahah!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	111870

Re: Banks 22/12

"no knees " hahaha. I know the feeling

Thanks for the report

Nice report sharp and to the point nice dollie
    happy days ahead summer is coming

We went out to the banks the same day. You are right about the bumpy ride out, even a 26ft cat couldnt smooth it out.

You caught more fish than us by the sound of it and that Dolphin is a beauty

Quote Originally Posted by koastal View Post
    We went out to the banks the same day. You are right about the bumpy ride out, even a 26ft cat couldnt smooth it out.

You caught more fish than us by the sound of it and that Dolphin is a beauty
    We where ment to be fishing the hards, but it would have been a long trip. We got 13 keepers but nothing huge, all the red throat where good size around 48cm. Dollies and mac where caught trolling dead baits, the reefies we where anchored up. That's a pretty good day for me.