Thread: Deckie spot available Gold Coast offshore trolling tomorrow - Wed 23rd

Deckie spot available Gold Coast offshore trolling tomorrow - Wed 23rd

Going out again tomorrow to chase black marlin and bycatch. Will be mostly trolling but hopefully also some live baiting. Will be going out 20 odd miles to the 80 m line in a 14 ft half cabin boat. Caught 3 dollies from 5 hook-ups 3 weeks ago and 4 dollies from 4 hook-ups and lost a black last trip.

Would prefer if you have your own tackle though not essential. Leaving Brisbane about 3.30 am and launching about 4.30 am. Share costs will be about $70 for fuel and ice etc.

Send me a private message with some info about yourself and contact number and I will be in touch later today.
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Re: Deckie spot available Gold Coast offshore trolling tomorrow - Wed 23rd

Change of plans, I am going on a mates boat instead now

Re: Deckie spot available Gold Coast offshore trolling tomorrow - Wed 23rd

We tagged a black in about 65 m 5 minutes after setting the spread, then got a mahi mahi about an hour later. Found some massive mixed schools of pilchards, yakkas and slimies about 10.30 am, but action was quiet. Good starting points for next trip.