Thread: Great day out on the Bay with the wife

Great day out on the Bay with the wife

Hi All,

She who must be obeyed had been hounding me for a while to take her out fishing. After checking the forecast and the wind sites I decided today look passable to take the 2.4 tinny out with 10_15 knot winds forecast which is a bit marginal I managed to persuade her to get up at 6.00am for a 6.30 departure from home. Anyway, we got to our spot on the other side of Coochie and started fishing. I couldn't believe the weather, no breeze and glassed out water. We caught a few under size sweetlip and snaps before we hooked the first shark of the day (we caught around 6 sharks in total). We decided to move over to the top of Maclay Island and caught another undersized snapper before I hooked up 4ft shark which put up a nice fight. Something we noticed was the amount of turtles and dugong swimming around. We then moved back to Coochie and caught a few more littlies plus another two sharks before heading back in before the wind came up to much. All in all a most pleasant day despite not catching any keepers. Sometimes it is appreciating the moment that makes the experience worthwhile.

GG

Re: Great day out on the Bay with the wife

That's a squeezy tinny !!!

Stupid passion fingers strike's again, that should have read 4.2m tinny!!

A great day on the water with "The Minister" is "Gold" mate.