Thread: Throttle overrun whilst stopping at lights etc.

Throttle overrun whilst stopping at lights etc.

Having a problem with an overrunning diesel motor when the
    foot is lifted to slow down / stopping.

It only happens occasionally but is a definite safety issue.

Being an auto pushing in the clutch is not the answer.

I have been standing on the brakes and quickly going to neutral in an effort to stop.

This fly by wire technology is to me less than adequate.

Has any one else experienced this problem?

I am not ready to name the vehicle yet or the dealer but still being under warranty I am prepared to let the experts do their thing.

Any one who may have had this problem or know of it please P.M. me to assist.

Or give me a ring on 0408 156 903

Thanks Haji-Baba

Re: Throttle overrun whilst stopping at lights etc.

I had it immediately after my utes 15k service for the first three corners,,,,,,stopped doing it when i pulled back into the service bay on the 4th corner hasnt done it since.
    Holds revs at about 1300rpm for 10 secs after you take the foot off the accellerator pedal.
    Service guys wiped thier hands of it..........
    Jack.

Hi! Jack,

Thanks for the reply. This is becoming a safety issue with me at present and nearly resulted in an accident last afternoon 29 th.

My revs. seem to stay up about 13-1500 and being an auto still wants to drive the wheels more powerfully as it goes down in the gears as the speed drops off.

I have to use the brakes heavily to over come the drive or quickly shift to neutral. Being under load the auto box does not like that at all.

My last service was in October this year and I am getting a little annoyed that my complaint seems to be ignored.

I am trying to locate anyone else who may have had a similar problem.

Have fun Haji-Baba

Is the pedal definitely coming up - not getting caught on either a worn linkage ( had this once with a Navara but it had done a lot of K's) or doing a Prius and getting caught on a mat or similar. If it's as bad as you say, it is time to start making some serious noise with not only the dealership but the parent company if it's not being sorted - then the media.

Just something to bare in mind too - if you are knowingly driving a faulty vehicle you will get no joy from your insurance if you do have a prang - will get very messy

Scottar thanks for that all going into the pot now.

You may be able to feel the glow there.

Have fun Haji-Baba

Latest news re "overrunning" throttle. Service department for my vehicle have been outstanding with their efforts to solve the problem.

Every diagnostic test has been used over a three day period and work has been done on the intake side of the engine.

I am confident that the problem has received the necessary attention and the issue is behind us.

A large number of k's have been driven in a effort to replicate the initial issue and no repeat has been observed.

It now remains to be seen if their efforts have been successful.

Here's hoping.

Have fun Haji-Baba

After 3 days looking by techs. nothing definate found but they cleaned the
    "erg valve" ??????????? I think it is called
    and has not missed a beat in close on three months.

Apparently it may not have been electrical as I supposed but if the valve was kept slightly open for whatever reason then more air would have been available to the engine causing the revs to stay up.

I am 99 % content now but we will see.

Have fun Haji - Baba