Thread: Pb bay snapper

Pb bay snapper

Went out a couple of weekends ago..blowing a solid 10-15kt NE (the way I like it-keeps the jetski's away!) headed out from fisherman island crack of dawn and started flicking plastics at some of my usually spots... Started off reasonably well boating a few late 40s snaps. Approaching 7.30 we had caught atleast 6-7 fish between 40-55cm before I had decided to move to a different spot that often produces some bigger fish. 2nd cast I get a solid knock, then the fish swims in an arch towards me... Once the tension is on all hell breaks loose and the 2000 Sol screams off! Zzzzzzzzzzzzz- a good 80-100m of line on the first run!!!! I knew I was onto a good fish...10-15mins later I boat a new pb snapper nudging 92cm and 9kg!!! That's big for a bay fish! Soon afterwards while throwing a transam around hooked another similar sized fish only to have it crush the front barbs! Damn should have upgraded those trebles! Got a few more for the day and left them biting. Gotta love Moreton bay!
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	111823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	111822  

Re: Pb bay snapper

Ausfish Silver Member

Congrats mate- cracker of a fish

Nice fish and thanks for taking time for a fishing report. Good of fisheries to supply a ruler for the background of the size shot.
    Gav

Cracking fish puts my bay PB to shame!

great fish well done
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

well done, well done mate

Considering my PB is 25cm, I'm not sure were fishing the same Moreton bay?

Nice fish mate. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by hookinin View Post
    Nice fish and thanks for taking time for a fishing report. Good of fisheries to supply a ruler for the background of the size shot.
    Gav
    Thanks Gav, I was glad they were around as I didn't have anything on the boat long enough to measure it! On the light line the fish was pretty stuffed...I tried to swim it but ended up having to pull the fillets off

Quote Originally Posted by creat View Post
    Considering my PB is 25cm, I'm not sure were fishing the same Moreton bay?
    Haha I caught plenty that size before I started to figure them out!

Nice fish mate, gotta put a smile on your dile
    thanks for the report
    pat