Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crabwatch

Re: Crabwatch

Quote Originally Posted by ranga7 View Post
    You think he is a twit but you followed him for over a year, i find that funny.
    Yeah is is funny.
    Gave him plenty of time to refine his act.
    Stopped following him about May.
    Started again in September to see what this season would bring.
    He hasn't learned much.
    Will monitor him a bit longer then drop him again.
    Jack.

Like watching the antics of the dimwit fringe politicians?.

You know your watching a slow trainwreck, but you just cant help watching to see how they outdo themselves next time!

bit like the whole NSW origin team.. but some keep following them also.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

These people are all the same(the poachers/sharecroppers I mean), regardless if it's fish or crabs, crab pots or lines, amateur or Professional. They have absolutely no regard whatsoever for laws, let alone accepted sustainable practices. As soon as they are either fronted or caught, first it's the lies and denial; "No no not me not us we have nothing we do nothing wrong." Then, the throw-off and blame everybody else; incidentally, nice work to throw off and try and dump the other people(presumably his mates) in it to save his own neck. When all else fails, and fortunately for everyone we didn't get to this, as a last resort, they will usually trot out the old chestnut, "I no speak-a-de-English." Then it's "You do this because you're racist!" If it ever does go to Court, because they play the race card, it's a slap on the wrist with a wet tram ticket. Fair dinkum, our Judiciary won't even send people to jail who kill others because it's everyone else's fault but the perpetrator; how can we expect them to do anything to a poor old fisherman who doesn't understand the rules, despite them often being signed in multiple languages. Maybe the rules should be explained in cash terms; I know these people have a VERY clear understanding of how cash works. Unfortunately, crab would have been off the menu at Po Wong Hok's local Chinese Chew & Spew that night. And, as for the car they were driving, it was exactly the same at the MBTBC where these people would roll up in their $90,000 4WD's towing their big flash $90,000 boats looking the goods with the cool looking kids, and the silicone-enhanced Princess wife; they were the ones who would knock off the $1 hose fittings from the hoses in the wash-down areas of nobody else could wash their boat or flush their motor. It's the same old story across the board: "I'm alright Jack, and to Hell with you!" It's just another reflection of the society we have become.
    I fish; therefore I am...

Politicians are just like kangaroos; they're lovely to have around, but they need a good CULL every now and then just to keep the population in check...

Oh and by the way, people like this fella always have their detractors. His methods may be somewhat "non-traditional", which may be viewed as contraversial, but he's doing something, which may force those in authority to actually do something, which many in such positions resist with great aplomb. I always find it quite interesting that, when someone actually does something pro-active, the nay-sayers all line up on the sidelines and lob their hand grenades with very little, if any, constructive input whatsoever. Anyway, if someone sticks a camera or camera-phone in front of someone famous at a major function or some such place and catches them with their pants down and/or drunk, disoriented, pissing themselves or groping someone else's wife, we lap it up and it's front page news. What's the difference?
    I fish; therefore I am...

Politicians are just like kangaroos; they're lovely to have around, but they need a good CULL every now and then just to keep the population in check...

Quote Originally Posted by CHEE-FEE View Post
    Anyway, if someone sticks a camera or camera-phone in front of someone famous at a major function or some such place and catches them with their pants down and/or drunk, disoriented, pissing themselves or groping someone else's wife, we lap it up and it's front page news. What's the difference?
    The difference is this guy is trying to do the right thing but sacrifices his credibility with his comments and or his antics.....very slow to learn a good way of handling the situation.
    Jack.