Thread: Garmin 10 xsv oftware update

Garmin 10 xsv oftware update

Hi Folks is anyone aware of a new software update for the new Garmins? Mine is only a few months old.

If so how do I go about getting my system updated please.

Re: Garmin 10 xsv oftware update

here is a link to the software for your unit which was last update on the 27th oct 2015. which is version 4.70
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/ch.js...t=010-01182-00

even if you have only just brought your unit there is a good chance you will need to update your software.
    follow the instructions and its pretty straightforward.

oh, and to actually download the update try here
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=8743

Thanks sam687. Its a big file!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro View Post
    Thanks sam687. Its a big file!!!!
    You'll find the one file does lotsa devices. When I upgraded to 4.7, it firstly went off and upgraded the GPS aerial, the two gmi20's and the gcv10, then lastly did the 1020 itself.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    You'll find the one file does lotsa devices. When I upgraded to 4.7, it firstly went off and upgraded the GPS aerial, the two gmi20's and the gcv10, then lastly did the 1020 itself.

Cheers
    Did you notice any change to the 1020

Not really. I tend to upgrade every 6mths or so, I think for this one it was mainly compatibility with new hardware/panoptix type stuff, I didn't notice major changes to what I have but often little niggles disappear when you upgrade ( bit like apple ) so I tend to do it irregardless.
    Cheers

swof63 is the upgrade as simple as putting in the upgrade software chip, turning on all Garmin units & the software will automatically do the upgrade?

Yep. You download the file, execute it and it will write out to your sd card. I always make sure the sd card is empty first in case you end up with multiple versions don't know if it's smart enough to sort that out. This is pc-only, no Mac.

Once you have card, put it in 1020 with the other Garmin devices already on then turn on the 1020, I think it will ask you to confirm software update then it'll update all the other garmins first then do itself last. Takes about 20 minutes to do all mine. I think you can also just plug the card in with everything turned on and it'll work too according to Garmin. It's good practice to backup your marks and logs first.

Cheers