Thread: Help - Transducer Identification

Help - Transducer Identification

Can anyone help me identify the brand and model this thru hull transducer.

It came factory fitted in a 2000 model seafarer V-Sea connected to a Lowrance X-65 fish finder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Help - Transducer Identification

Pretty sure it will be to suit the older 192KHz lowrance units. The plug will be grey with 2 pins. It would have suited a LMS-350a or similar. They were available in two different sizes - 20 degree and 8 degree. The most common was the 20. What diameter is the outside face?

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Pretty sure it will be to suit the older 192KHz lowrance units. The plug will be grey with 2 pins. It would have suited a LMS-350a or similar. They were available in two different sizes - 20 degree and 8 degree. The most common was the 20. What diameter is the outside face?
    I have measured it very quickly (not totally accurate) but the rubber face is about 45mm (roughly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't locate any info on the OEM transducers that were sold to boat builders but going off that measurement I would say it is a 20 degree cone, 192khz. The crystal for the 8 degree unit is about 50mm in diameter and would not fit in that housing

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    I can't locate any info on the OEM transducers that were sold to boat builders but going off that measurement I would say it is a 20 degree cone, 192khz. The crystal for the 8 degree unit is about 50mm in diameter and would not fit in that housing
    Thanks very much ch for your assistance.

This forum is outstanding for discovering information.

I found a picture on the Internet of what you have described and your right. At least I've found out what it is and that it is not useable for my new electronics.

Now to get it replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew Scottar would answer!