Thread: patrol suspension

patrol suspension

Hi i have a 2000 patrol coil ute and have a slide on camper trying to stop the sway ing from one side to the other it dose not lean to mutch getting confusing advice from experts from beafing up shocks; sway bars srings have fitted air bags did not make a lot of diferance dont want to make the ride to suffer to mutch when camper is not on thanks

Re: patrol suspension

Those whiteline swaybars may be worth looking at. I believe they are thicker and stiffer than standard and wont affect the ride.

sent from the beerhunter

Hi.

There is a Swaybar linkage system avail on Net. Ilooked at one for my D Max.
    Around $195 del.

I'll see if I can find it

But if you top heavy with camper on back, no matter what you fit under there. The only thing that will control your excess sway is less right foot.

I remember I first drove aconcrete drum mixer.
    first roundabout I thought I was a gonner.

Control the throttle with some half leaf rear springs under it.(tough dog)

Is the problem it rolls out when cornering, or it sways side to side while driving on the highway?

So re read your original post that it is a coil with air bags. If these are pumped up so it's not sagging with camper then replacing the rear shocks with something pretty stiff will likely fix your problem. Personally, I love Bilstein shocks so much so I won't bother with other stuff anymore. Unless going to remote reservoir stuff..