Thread: Skinners Park Boat Ramp

Skinners Park Boat Ramp

Hi All

Just seeking some advise.

I had a look at Skinners Park during the week, would I be better off at the Carbrook Boat Ramp for trailer and car safety. I usually like to fish during the week and Skinners looked very isolated.

Cheers
    Ivan

Re: Skinners Park Boat Ramp

I used to go for a fish down at skinners off the pontoon for sharks when i lived in brissy. I definately wouldnt be leaving my car and trailer there overnight, id even be hesitant about weekday trips due to the ramps isolation but i can be pretty parnoid about that stuff, cant trust people these days unfortunately.

I cant comment on the carbrook ramp sorry.

Hopefully someone who fishes the area can pass on some more info for you.

Cheers,
    Zane.

Didn't they find a body somewhere near there once.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I live close by,it costs $10 at car brook but when you get back to the ramp your trailer and car are still there Skinners well its a pig in a poke mate,shame really as there are a few good spots to fish heading out to the markers and a great due spot to if you can pick up a live Mullet but its not to far to run back better safe than sorry.cheers G.R.Hilly.

[QUOTE=creat;1604754]Didn't they find a body somewhere near there once.[/QUOT

You never know what flows down from the Upper Reaches ... Deliverance comes to mind, LOL. Saw a whole washing machine floating down once with it's lid open.

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    I live close by,it costs $10 at car brook but when you get back to the ramp your trailer and car are still there Skinners well its a pig in a poke mate,shame really as there are a few good spots to fish heading out to the markers and a great due spot to if you can pick up a live Mullet but its not to far to run back better safe than sorry.cheers G.R.Hilly.
    Haven't used it in years but I'm looking for a few spots out of the wind, the way the weather is lately. Pity Lagoon Island area is a Green Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by zan0_15 View Post
    I used to go for a fish down at skinners off the pontoon for sharks when i lived in brissy. I definately wouldnt be leaving my car and trailer there overnight, id even be hesitant about weekday trips due to the ramps isolation but i can be pretty parnoid about that stuff, cant trust people these days unfortunately.

I cant comment on the carbrook ramp sorry.

Hopefully someone who fishes the area can pass on some more info for you.

Cheers,
    Zane.

Thanks, Zane. I think I'll stay clear of Skinners.

Cheers Guys,
    ​Ivan

Hi Ivan

we always use Carbrook. Too many light fingers visit Skinners Park.

Cheers
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

The police do patrol it quite often see them come out of there early ( 4 Am) when i go past through the week.
    Cheers
    Ray