Thread: Fishing report Brighton Le Sands 30/11/15

Fishing report Brighton Le Sands 30/11/15

So to start off, it was more in between Brighton and Ramsgate, but Brighton was just easier to explain where I fished.

So I wouldn't say that I'm the most experienced fisherman, but I did quite a lot of fishing as a kid, and have recently started fishing again, so I really wanted to go fishing in Monday, but I was only able to make it to the beach at high tide which was at 12pm so I got there 2 hours before the rising tide, I tried a long the beach casting soft plastics into the weed and along side it for about an hour, no luck there! I changed to a popper, and then to a shallow diving lure, still no luck!

There are these rock bars (I think it's called that) all long the beach, so I started off at the first one, still with the shallow diving lure on, by that time the wind had picked up, and it was about 12:30pm, a few casts with that and then I decided to go back to sift plastics with a 1/8 jighead as the wind had picked up a lot by then, and it was a motherly wind, and of course, all the structure was on the northern side of the rock bar! So I put on a Berkeley powerbait I think 3" Minnow, in a light bluish colour. At last! Second cast with it, a hook up, it wasn't fight much, but as soon as the fish got close to the rocks, it must have realised "hey, somethings up with the thing I just ate" and screamed back into the deeper water, I couldn't tell what it was at that point, then as it got close again, I could see silver (I was really wanting it to be a flathead) then I realised it was a silver trevally! Then for one last run, it tried to go under the rocks, luckily I had 8 pound leader on, otherwise I probably would have lost it! I finally land it! Measured to be 46cm! I was stoked!

About half an hour without a bite, as I was retrieving the lure in, I feel it catch something, as I lift it up, I thought I caught a Berkeley minnow, but as I I went to grab it, it was a whitebait almost the exact same size as the lure haha! I foul hooked it in its stomach (poor thing!) I unhooked it then threw it back, but I don't think it survived haha!

Another hour gone without a bite, I was starting to give up, and again, as I was retrieving the lure, just in front of me, I feel like I hooked something by accident again, I feel it in, and I thought I saw sea weed come off from the lure, and as I pick it up, it's a baby calamari, again, almost the same size as the lure, I in hooked it, it started going white, so I don't think it made it, but I let it go in hopes it would survive and become nice and big for me to catch later on!

After I cleaned my beautiful catch of a trevally, I walked off the sand bar to try a different area, but before leaving the rock bar, I decided to cast out into the weedy area I was fishing earlier from the beach, but from the rocks this time, first cast, I caught myself a nice 39 flathead using a Berkeley ripple shad! Normally I don't like killing and keeping fish, but today I really felt like fish for dinner, so I manned up and decided to keep the flat head also! It was a nice feed!

After that, I fished for a couple more hours, but by that time, the wind had picked up heaps, and it was way past the run in tide, so I decided to pack up and call it a day! With fish for dinner, I couldn't be more happier! And all caught on lures!

It still doesn't beat the other post I made when I fished on low tide on the sand bank at Brighton, but the two fish I kept, were bigger then all the flathead I caught on that day. Plus I also caught a squid and a whitebait (even tho they were both foul hooked) so it was a fun experience!

I hope to learn more about the areas I fish in, and where to fish at what time of day, but for now, it was a very fun day to me! And it was just ME time, and it's just so relaxing being on your own, fishing with not a worry in the world!

Until next time! Tight lines!

Justin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Fishing report Brighton Le Sands 30/11/15

Good for you mate, well done!

Good job Justin!!

Mate, you did better than me last Saturday, & I was 60km offshore

Tony

Great report Justin. Well done mate

Blog Entries

Good to see you working out the soft plastics.... keep em coming

Great report and some nice fish too. Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Thanks everyone (: it's such a rewarding feeling catching fish on artificial baits compared to real baits! Just knowing that you tricked a fish into thinking that it's real food is just so great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Good job Justin!!

Mate, you did better than me last Saturday, & I was 60km offshore

Tony
    Bugger, I heard all the fish were 61 Km from shore last Saturday

You know it Crunchy!!

The other report I heard was they were all 59km off shore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,