Thread: 5-5-3 Gold Coast Gold

5-5-3 Gold Coast Gold

went down the Goldie today with a good looing forecast. Jigged up a dozen yakkas and headed down to Mermaid reef. One bite off was all the action there was for me, and by 7 am the itch to head wider got the better of me. Saw a black marlin free swimming in 50 m SE so dropped the gear in but didn't get any interest. Kept going wider and water temp kept getting warmer. Dropped the lures in again about 9 am and had three mahi mahi in the esky and another two jumped off by 10.30 am. Best colour was lumo and 4 of the 5 fish took the lure behind the teaser. Saw another black free swimming as I turned to head back in but again no interest. Plenty of bait out there and few flying fish too.

Good signs and can't wait to do it again soon.

Bit better than last weekend when I drove up to Caloundra and went back home at 6 am without getting a line wet!
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mahi Mahi ss.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	111651  
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Re: 5-5-3 Gold Coast Gold

nice one mate.... what depth you find the dollies ? .... we were off the pin yesterday and found them along the 80m line ... lost the first dollie of the day a big bull that won his freedom after 15min... we did end up with 2 the same size as you... we also got 2 rats....... sounds like they were thick south of spot x
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

skirts or hard bodies
    what a sad sad AB

what does 5-5-3 mean?

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    nice one mate.... what depth you find the dollies ? .... we were off the pin yesterday and found them along the 80m line ... lost the first dollie of the day a big bull that won his freedom after 15min... we did end up with 2 the same size as you... we also got 2 rats....... sounds like they were thick south of spot x
    I got my first in 65 m and the rest in 80 m. Pretty much south of spot x as you said. Only a few other boats out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by hainsofast View Post
    skirts or hard bodies
    Skirts. 6.5" and 7" in lumo colours

Quote Originally Posted by Billy C View Post
    what does 5-5-3 mean?
    5 strikes, 5 hook-ups and 3 landed