Thread: Setting up the outboard height on a Stacer 3.79 with a Merc 25hp

Setting up the outboard height on a Stacer 3.79 with a Merc 25hp

Hi, Just sorting my new to me Stacer Seasprite with a replacement s/s 2 stroke motor 1998.

Before I start drilling the bolt holes for the motor through the transom, pics attached of the current height of the motor as it sits with the already modified 50mm higher transom. Red line along the bottom of the boat (not the rib). First is the trim bolt at the the 3rd of 5 which is probably more realistic and second pic at lowest setting.

Does this height look right? That top plate is about 20mm below the line. Boat will have wooden false floor, and general use for 1 to 3 adults and some fishing gear. Motor already as its large cav "wings" fitted as per pic.

Read a lot about in needing to be between 25mm below the line to 25mm above.

Advice requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Setting up the outboard height on a Stacer 3.79 with a Merc 25hp

Not exactly sure if I am seeing it right, but that looks like a long shaft motor, on a short shaft transom! and the motor looks way too low.

Didn't want to show my ignorance but I was unsure too. That's why I was posting here rather than drilling.
    Any second opinions.? Are the "bat wings the ones meant to be 25mm below the hull level?

May need to get the transom modified higher or swap the motor for a shorter shaft? Bugger.

Definitely low and yes - the anti ventilation plate (bat wings) with the foils fitted is the one that typically sits about there on a tinny with a keel.

Thank you both for your input.

Cheers.

Build up the transom if you have access to the gear.