Thread: Fishing from Widebay Bar

Fishing from Widebay Bar

Hey guys

Am heading to Inskip for long weekend to fish and a skydive 😕 Have not been up there for 12 months any info on how the bar is at the moment and ofcourse and tips on what areas are producing some fish would be well received. Plan is heading out this Saturday back in on Sunday morning.#

Cheers,
    Jason

Re: Fishing from Widebay Bar

Not many reports of late the Baitrunner has been out a couple of times have a look at their face book page Rainbow beach fishing charters

I was up there two weeks ago, we went out through the fishermans gutter on low tide and still had 2m of water under us. There wasn't much swell and it was from the NE so the gutter is protected from the swell as it hits the banks in the bar. It was bad weather when we went up just fished the morning got a got variety of reefies an Aj and a few good pearlies fishing in the bay. There was no sign of Mackerel when I was up there. Hope you score some good weather

Nick

I haven't crossed fishermans gutter before. Do you just run up towards double island point and cross couple hundred metres out from the point?

Thanks for tips

It runs along side inskip point heading back south east. I hadn't crossed it prior to this either. I just when for a drive the day prior to have a look at it. Just a reminder that Tin can bay VMR and trawlers etc can't reach you for a tow if your in trouble due to the shallow gutter something to think about. In my option on its day it's safer than the Bar

Thanks Nick. I'll go for a drive Friday morning and have a look at it.

Hopefully I have a good report to post up early next week!

Managed to get out for fish on the Friday and Monday. On Friday went on an adventure all the way out to the shelf, current was running too hard to fish but there were plenty of dollies out there to keep us amused. We planned on fishing the bottom as we made our way back in but weather turned pretty average which made it difficult to fish but we managed a couple of tuskies and headed back in around 3pm. Travelled about 200km.

On Monday trolled lures around DI point and got a double hook up on 15kg cobia and then 3 mackerel.

All in all it was a good trip. Crossed both the middle bar and fishermans gutter without any problem whatsoever. Lack of swell made it fairly simple, fishersmans gutters was a breeze, even on an outgoing tide.

Nice work well done