Thread: Port vila half day charter

Port vila half day charter

Gday all, just got back from a cruise around Vanuatu and new Caledonia onboard Sea Princess.but this isn't about the cruise.
    Before leaving studied excursions available with the cruise line and fishing wasn't available so I set about making my own arrangements.
    I settled on a half day charter out of Port Vila with Wild Blue Charters onboard their vessel Stormbird, TC Pam devastated that part of the world early in the year and widl blue lost two fishing and one dive vessel and to see the boats beached around the harbour was almost heartbreaking. Anyway they are coming back from the troubles and what a location.
    Now the fishing, We had a couple of hours bottom fishing and some trolling as well, I ended up with a cracking green jobfish and one very acceptable wahoo along with some smaller fish to help fill the fishbox. The waters in the area were stunning and over 200 plus meters deep so close to shore 100m drop-offs visible fish everywhere the place was alive. We saw sailfish rounding up bait while bottom fishing but unfortunately couldn't entice one. all fish were left onboard with the crew. Speaking of the crew Kenny The captain and tommy my new brother from another mother were fantastic, they worked for us to make sure we had a great time, caught fish and generally learned about their waters, home and culture, thanks guys, bloody awesome. I would also like to thank Leanne and her partner Peter, aussie expats who own the business, Leanne made the whole pricing and booking quite seamless via email and were very friendly and helpful while we were there giving more helpful info regarding Port Vila , where to shop for best deals duty free and more again a big thankyou. A very professionally run operation. Based on my experience I would highly recommend . I hope the moderaters don't mind but I am putting up their email. fishing@vanuatu.com.vu website www.nautilus.com.vu

Cheers Craig
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cruise 048.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	111633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cruise 042 - Copy.jpg 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	111632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cruise 041 - Copy.jpg 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	111631  
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

Re: Port vila half day charter

Great pictures