Thread: cape york 2016

cape york 2016

Hi all,

Just after some general guidance. Heading up for our annual trip next year. Last couple of years we went to Mapoon and this year we went out near pomporaaw. For us we love the camping and fishing and getting onto some good fish and crabs is always a priority. I was wondering if anyone has any good spots or contacts on stations they would like to share. Doesnt have to be on here, private msg if you want. Most of the places ive chased up arent letting people on their properties anymore which is a real shame but i can understand where they are coming from. Any advice or tips would be fantastic!

Cheers
    Chris

Re: cape york 2016

Father a good way to get access to properties is to go to the local church on a Sunday. You will get to meet locals and that might just be your ticket to getting access . it's worked before good luck father.

sent from the beerhunter

we are looking at the skardon river, anyone been there and care to share some tips. I heard there is some good stuff there especially out the front of this and the jackson.

Im going in 2017. Keen to see what tips people have here. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Don't know if it is the same up there but when my mate wanted access to properties out west for shooting he was stone walled. He changed his approach. Instead of just asking for access he offered to do a week being a farm hand. Didn't work on all properties but he did get access to some. So maybe instead of just asking for something from someone you don't know offer them something in exchange