Thread: Reel advice Stradic FK or Daiwa Sol?

Reel advice Stradic FK or Daiwa Sol?

Hey guys, been a long time between posts but getting back to finding more fishing time.

Anyway I have a dilemma where somehow I've ended up with a rod in the rack without a reel on it.

Anyway what I'm thinking is to bump the current Stradic FJ 2500 (spooled with 10lb power pro) onto said rod which is an Abu 3-6kg nano thing. 7ft. I'll use that as a bit of a bay plastics rod.

That leaves me with nothing then on my Daiwa Gen Black Wicked Weasel 2-6kg (2-14g lure weight). I was thinking I might use it for flathead, bream, bay plastics and even throwing slugs when it warms up.

I'm torn between a new Stradic FK 3000, or a Sol II 3000. I know both are awesome reels. Anyone got thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Reel advice Stradic FK or Daiwa Sol?

G'day

Stradic all the way, seriously. I have the FK 3000 and brilliant. also have sol 2000, not bad but just prefer the stradics.

It's personal choice at the end of the day, both great quality.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

I would go with the Stradic personally. The Sol will cost you at least another $50 and weigh 60gms more. The Stradic drag will work better and longer than the Sols as well
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Stradic - it's amazing.

Maybe search Alan Hawk's reviews - you will see the Stradic overwhelming positives, cheers

I have a 8 year old stradic 1000 as well as a 3 year old sol for flicking plastics , both are great but I prefer the stradic, its still like new after 8 years and lots of fish, and just to add , yesterday I shouted myself a new stradic hk 1000, its silky smooth, I got the deal from bcf with the sahara 2-4kg rod for 279$, the rod is ordinary and will be a spare, one thing that did cheese me off was the fact that the major reel makers no longer give you a spare spool , nearly 300$ for a reel and no spare spool is a bit lousy for mine.