Thread: 1770 24th till 28th

1770 24th till 28th

Hey ladies and gentlemen been a couple years since i have logged on or been back to 1770 is any one going to still be up 1770 from the 24th till 28th September

Re: 1770 24th till 28th

There will be bucket loads of people being school holidays.....

We'll try to leave some fish for you

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hope so phill would be good if someone could send me some marks as i lost the ones i had last time up there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Ausfish mobile app

Where do you want marks for ? area ? nth or south ?

email me at ausfish01@optusnet.com.au

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi shy guy,
    I'm ticked off that I can't make the M & G but I should be there around the same time as you. Still feeling my way around there finding more marks and learning every trip. What type of fishing are you planning? Should be able to rustle up a feed if the boys leave us any.

I'll be up there as a first timer fishing in the 1770 area between the 24th and 28th.

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Ill be in a 14.5' tinnie tiller steer and 40hp yammie, so weather permitting is this sufficient enough of a boat to do a bit of fishing out past the heads in the blue water outside? I am talking a kilometre or three offshore? I have an epirb etc. Does the weather blow up quickly that time of year?

Also, I have been told the river holds a lot of flathead. Any tips on bait the local flatties go for?

Lastly, and at the risk of sounding like an American tourist, are there any crocs in the river?

thanks

Danny

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimefisherman View Post
    I'll be up there as a first timer fishing in the 1770 area between the 24th and 28th.

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Ill be in a 14.5' tinnie tiller steer and 40hp yammie, so weather permitting is this sufficient enough of a boat to do a bit of fishing out past the heads in the blue water outside? I am talking a kilometre or three offshore? I have an epirb etc. Does the weather blow up quickly that time of year?

Also, I have been told the river holds a lot of flathead. Any tips on bait the local flatties go for?

Lastly, and at the risk of sounding like an American tourist, are there any crocs in the river?

thanks

Danny
    That tinnie should get you outside a bit. My mate and I go out in his tinnie to 5,7&12 mile marks on a good day. Also bustad head. Just watch the weather.

soft plastics in Round hill creek is the go but if bait is a must they will fish the same as anywhere else

no crocs in the area have been reported to my knowledge but be vigilant.

Thanks Funchy, I was fishing near the Fraser Island barge mainland recently and saw croc warning signs there. Ouch! Just didn't want to come back from parking the trailer after launching the boat to find the rope dangling in the water and my deckie nowhere to be seen.

Ill stock up on some plastics and take a handful of prawns as well.

Thanks again.