Thread: Searching for VINTAGE FUJI GUIDES for restoration.

Searching for VINTAGE FUJI GUIDES for restoration.

Hello All,

I trying to locate some older style fuji guides to restore a the first rod I built as a teenager.

I've contacted many stores but sadly most old stock has been discarded over the years.

I believe they where produced during the 70's / 80's but I don't have a model number.

They are double foot with an orange and white O ring. (Please see a photo I found online)

I'm looking for an approximate set if possible 24,12,10,8,7 but any of these sizes or similar would also help.

I would appreciate any help trying to source these.

Many Thanks,
    Adam

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Searching for VINTAGE FUJI GUIDES for restoration.

Hey Adam, I've got to part sets, no tip ( already on rod but could be replaced as never used)
    cheers Dale

Quote Originally Posted by deefa66 View Post
    Hey Adam, I've got to part sets, no tip ( already on rod but could be replaced as never used)
    cheers Dale
    Hi Dale, Thanks very much for the reply. I did manage to find a suitable tip already. What are the sizes of the guides you have ? and how much would you be after for them ? Cheers, Adam

I know the guides you are talking about, my mates Dad has them on his two Ancient light surf rods (he wouldn't part with them)

They were used extensively though, try the second hand shops for old rods that might have them.

They were the cheaper guides of the day, I might have some in my kit of old rod building stuff, I know I have the same guides but with the black "high speed" inserts, I will have a look tomorrow morning, anf if I have any I can post them to you.

Hi Adam, 2x 8, 2 X 10, 2 X 12, 2 X 16, 2 X 20, 1 X 25. They are all unused still in plastic, couple have slight rust where plastic missing. Pm phone number and I'll send pics

I had a look in my box of old stuff, there is only three smallish guides like those, plenty of the same type, but black high speed inserts, sorry about that, it was worth a look, because I did find some old roller tips and some A thread I had forgotten I had. You can buy very similar (but cheap rubbish) in blister packs at I think Kmart?