Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: show us your pussy !

Re: show us your pussy !

Quote Originally Posted by frosti View Post
    i will have a look in the morning and get back to you . btw very nice looking boat .
    cheers mate,took the permatrims off yesterday took it for a run today massive difference...still think I need to go to the 3rd hoe then it will be pretty well on the money..do you get a bit of mist through the front in a following sea.
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

how did you go frosti
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

sorry for the delay , mine is bolted in the second hole down from the top
    Attached Images Attached Images

sorry for the delay , mine is bolted in the second hole down from the top
    cheers mate,
    mine is 2nd bottom hole....was going to drop them 1 hole but looking at the hight in regards to the bottom of pod prob should go 2 holes then be same as yours
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

at the height mine is mounted i don't have any trim problems , very happy the way it goes

at the height mine is mounted i don't have any trim problems , very happy the way it goes
    that's what I want to hear.lol...I just trying to get the nose up a little more in a following sea as that seem to be the worst for the mist through the front.will find out on Thursday when I take it for its next run..do you get much mist through your s
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    that's what I want to hear.lol...I just trying to get the nose up a little more in a following sea as that seem to be the worst for the mist through the front.will find out on Thursday when I take it for its next run..do you get much mist through your s
    at times it does burp a bit out the front but not the mist that some cats suck up from the rear

Sounds like they need to go up a hole or 2 Rosco to me. I think Kevlacat set them up too low from factory to be honest.
    My 5.2 had 70s from factory that were too low. When I repowered with f60s i got them up a few holes and it was a completely different boat.
    Alot more trim, would turn on a dime and just felt alot more alive.
    Yep they do sneeze a bit must be the narrower tunnel.
    How are you finding the ride after the 2400??
    Cheers

dean1 it went up 2 holes today and looking at it I reckon it looks right now, its the same as frosti's now..the mechanic who lowered them reckon there pretty close now as well..to be honest mate in a following sea the 1900 kills the 2400..head on well biggest seas ive had it in is just over a mtr and it ate that up.. prob walks a bit more in a rear quarter sea.. time will tell but I pretty sure it will do everything the 2400 would do at 28knts the 1900 will do at the 22-23knt mark...best thing is the fuel usage and how easy it is to tow around...still playing around with it so see what I think in another month or so
    cheers rosco
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Yeah they are real easy to tow etc arent they.
    And yep kick arse in a following. Interesting you say better than a 2400. I went in a 2400 once but came home late at night i cant remember what it was like.
    Ive come home in some nasty stuff at night alot and it did it with ease.
    I used to own the black marlin that lovey80 now owns.
    Ill be back in the market in a few yrs but what cat it will be im not sure yet.
    6m + i think.
    Cheers

id have another 2400kc again in a flash.i looked at a few 2300nc what I was going to buy but nothing really jumped out and said buy me...when I seen a 1900 with 60s on it I went for a test run was underpowered in my opinion but I liked the boat,when this one come up with the 90s I jumped at it.was for sale for 3 days when I bought it sight unseen subject to visual inspection..nice clean boat
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Ye the 60s are a bit painfull.
    Strangely theres bugger all cats for sale lately like everybody's hanging onto them.
    Id hate to be trying to find a good cat atm.
    Youl pick up 3,4 kts speed too lets us know the result.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    cheers mate,took the permatrims off yesterday took it for a run today massive difference...still think I need to go to the 3rd hoe then it will be pretty well on the money..do you get a bit of mist through the front in a following sea.
    You going to try the permatrims at the new engine hight mate ? Be good to compare with the new hight with and without trims ...
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Kevlacats dont need permatrims. They were probably put on there because the engines were too low and it didnt perform correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean1 View Post
    Kevlacats dont need permatrims. They were probably put on there because the engines were too low and it didnt perform correctly.
    Yes I understand that .. But if the holes are already in the cab plate why not bolt them back on and go for a run
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........