Thread: Hinchinbrook area or elsewhere?

Hinchinbrook area or elsewhere?

g day all,
    myself and 2 mates are heading up to Townsville for a 3 day charter early december yippee! but we have also decided to take the week off leading up to the trip and fish the surrounding areas in my 5m boat for the 5 days.....just chasing any helpful info for those who have been there before or if anyone knows of a better place to fish around the area......we were thinking of spending all the time fishing around Hinchinbrook Island for a range of species....we will be in a side console with a 90ph so weather dependant we can also go out to chase reefies.,...is Hinchinbrook a good destination?? or should we maybe think of other areas like Dingo beach/ Hideaway bay/ Bowen/ or Lucinda?
    any local knowledge would be helpful thanks lads

Re: Hinchinbrook area or elsewhere?

Lucinda = Hinchinbrook and would be my pick.

Yeah lucinda is good. I even named my daughter after it because its such a good spot
    I used to launch at the back of Halifax (quiet ramp behind cane fields ) into the herbert river and run through all the small creeks on a high and running out tide to the main channel. All sorts of creatures living in there.

sent from the beerhunter

Thanks gents, looks like Lucinda might be home for the week then

We were tossing up between Cardwell or Lucinda to fish the Hinchinbrook area, from what I can gather from some research Lucinda has a bit more to offer

Definition lucinda in my opinion i dont see anything good about cardwell.

sent from the beerhunter

The ramp Beerhunter is talking about is called Mona road. It is definately worth finding for smooth water access to the channel. And not getting bashed around the corner at Dungeness on a runout tide with a SE wind
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Hi Stuie, thanks for the advice on Lucinda a few years ago, I'm hooked (sorry) on the place.
    Rossco you can't beat Lucinda for options and facilities, it's like the town was built for fishermen instead of sugar. Palm Islands, Hinchinbrook Is., estuary and offshore will take you more than a week to do justice to. I just got back from there and there were live trout boats flogging the close reefs, I spoke to one of the dory guys and he said they've come down from Cairns so I'm thinking they'll give it a good work over. I'm not sure how long they'll take to recover but there's lots more going for the place than trout. Enjoy, but don't tell anyone else how good the place is, eh!

Thanks for the advise fishtragic, was hoping to target trout at some stage but with that info looks like we will turn our attention to other species. Jack and finger mark are high on the list then gt queenies and macks.... Fingers crossed the weather Is good to us