Thread: Pain and redemption in the War of the Whiting!

Pain and redemption in the War of the Whiting!

Hi all

Had a soul destroying and demoralising total wipeout the other night on the Eastern Nerang front and my army got annihilated. Didn't even defeat a single whiting on shrimp / Soldier crabs. Just couldn't understand what I did wrong as the conditions seemed perfect and similar to other times when I've scored plenty. You get that .... But sometimes to win the war you have to lose the odd battle!

Yesterday thought stuff the boat and just took kids for a land based fish to try a new spot I've had my eye on. 1/2 hrs fishing (attention span of my kids) and kids got 2 fat whiting > 34cm! 2 happy kids and went home. This was my boy's first ever fish so he was stoked - gotta love the grin! Hit the river again later that night for another 1.5 hours and ended with 6 nice fish with none under 32 and biggest just under 38cm. The 2 largest were pretty obese for their length and I can taste them already!

Went home flying the Franco Fishing flag after winning the battle against the whiting infidels!

Let's see what next battle brings after this rain!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Pain and redemption in the War of the Whiting!

Well done mate great little session there, great fish aren't they!

Had a session down the Nerang Sunday night ................. plagued by those little striped eel tail catfish and toad fish ! got a reasonable feed of whiting but the vermin destroyed us !!
    Some nice fat fish there in your catch Franco !

Well done Franco, good to see you are still getting into them mate !!!
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

Yeah Steve might have a little to do with good folk in the past giving me a few tips about where to get worms ;-)
    You still in Rocky? Hope you're gettin' a few yourself

yeah mate near Yeppoon
    fishing is good
    hope you are having a good chrissy