Thread: Gold Coast 18th and 25th of October

Gold Coast 18th and 25th of October

So I finally got around to getting a epirb for my 4.9m BarCrusher.

I'v only ever been offshore in other peoples boats so was lucky enough to get a few starter marks for the 24s and 36s off the Gold Coast.

Weekend of the 18th managed to pick up a nice sand flathead from the 24s, heaps of bait and plenty of small squire (had a few of the live bait smashed but managed to not set a hook on the mystery fish), then went out to the 36s where we picked up a few tusk fish mine were around the 37-38 mark but my deckie managed a 45cm model, headed back in and was home for lunch.

Sunday just passed, headed straight for the 24s couldn't find much bait around so just stuck to snapper flasher (paternoster) rigs and bottom bashing (threw the mirco jig around for a grinner of all things). Managed a 52cm snapper and a trag jew at 40cm, found a decent school of them but out of the 10 or so brought into the boat only one keeper, a few taylor and other randoms about nothing of size. My mate got bricked twice and was looking pretty sad for him when on our last drift he manged a 37cm squire. On the way back in decided to help out a quintrex with 4 people in it, whose motor had cut out in the middle of the sea way. towed them back to the ramp was offered fish and money but turned it down, hopefully the karma will come around one day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC morning.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	111314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC 25 10 2015.jpg 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	111315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC 18 10 2015.jpg 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	111316

Re: Gold Coast 18th and 25th of October

Nice work mate. Gotta love those tuskies, hard to beat on the table.