Thread: Tweed River 25 October 2015

Tweed River 25 October 2015

Hi everyone, Clint here again from Brad Smith Fishing Charters, we've had some good fishing up the Tweed. Best action has been upstream of the Piggery through to Condong with good size Whiting 30-35cm, a lot of greedy Bream 25-30cm, and some big, fat Flatties. We release all flathead over 60cm.

Doreen captured the one pictured on a charter with us, just up from Joubert's hole on a Kato blade in Greenback colour, our favourite bcf blade.

I'll be at the Nerang River tomorrow, I'll try to post a report after,

Cheers
    Clint

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flattie 25:10:15.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	111313

Re: Tweed River 25 October 2015

The tweed is my favourite jack river down this way keep the reports coming. I have seen you guys a couple of times in the tweed if i see you down there I'll give you a wave

sent from the beerhunter

Quote Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
    The tweed is my favourite jack river down this way keep the reports coming. I have seen you guys a couple of times in the tweed if i see you down there I'll give you a wave

sent from the beerhunter
    Cheers Beerhunter will keep a look out for you, and yes the Jacks are coming!

Thanks for the updates

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Screaming drag is my drug

Tweed River 25 October 2015

Yeah nice Clint seems the food source is still well upriver with the relative lack of rain.
    Been meaning to experiment for a few bigger flatties down the lower reaches near the mouth to see if the spawning urge has taken a few down that way but haven't gotten around to it due to work and chasing a few whiting!

Can't do everything I guess!

Thanks for the report mate.
    Franco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeh cheers guys, the bait has been well upstream but I suspect todays rain could push them down to the middle reaches again,
    will be interesting to see how much rain there is tonight. Brad was on the Tweed today but got washed out after an hour, I was at the Nerang
    and had a great session before hail and heavy rain sent us home at 11.30am.