Thread: Hervey Bay - best ice supplies after hours

Hervey Bay - best ice supplies after hours

Hi All

Planning a trip to Rooneys in a couple of weeks and last year we had devil of a time finding ice. We arrived in Hervey Bay around 10 pm from Brisbane and nothing was open. Anyone know of best spot to obtain ice around that time either Hervey Bay or Maryborough? Is there one of those 24 hour ice dispensers near Urangan marina? Any help appreciated.

JP

Re: Hervey Bay - best ice supplies after hours

I'm Glad your asking JP as we are heading to rooneys on the 12th and was wondering myself?? i did see signs for bulk ice advertised across the road from the marina near the boat ramp last time but not sure there trading hours?/
    Cheers Jim

Phoned Hervey Bay Ice works this morning. There is no 24hr bulk dispenser like at Mooloolaba/Kawana Waters on Sunshine Coast. Iceworks are open 7am - 4pm weekdays and 7-2pm weekends. They advised there is a Caltex on Boat Harbour Drive (which is main road into Hervey Bay and on the way to Urangun) which is 24 hours and has block and chunk ice in 4.5kg bags.

Good Luck on your trip Jim. Don't forget the Coral Reef Fin Fish closure is on from 9 November 2015 to 13 November 2015 and takes in Rooney's and extends over Breaksea Spit to the north.

Yeah thanks for the info and we only tag and release pelagic fish so the closure hopefully doesn't affect us.
    JIM