Thread: Offshore Brissy today

Offshore Brissy today

Headed offshore Brisbane today with a mate. There were livies at the bait ground but strangely they were't energetic like they normally are, we could even grab them out of the live well without the net (and there's nothing wrong with the bait tank or pump). My mate caught a nice pearly on one and I caught all my fish on micro jigs as the livies weren't doing much for me today. Got a good feed and had snapper and chips for dinner, doesn't get any fresher than that..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AG1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	111297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AG2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	111298

Re: Offshore Brissy today

Mate, thanks for the report.

I'd forgotten what they looked like!!

Tony

They are definitely few and far between nowadays

a good feed mate..tony u need to put up a hussar report....when you taking me fishing I am boatless u know
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Boatless, I heard you were clueless

My tub hasn't been wet for a month & the last trip was a total disaster & waste of time.

How long before you are back on the water Rosco??

Yeah Rosco what happened to your Kevlacat?

not sure tony,been looking for the past month since I sold the kc,not having much luck really,everything that suits is atleast 800k away for me.either that or the boats are about 20k overpriced and need another 15 to bring them back up to scratch..
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

thanks for the report there getting few and far between , sounds like a good day. haven't used micro jigs , do tell me more
    pat

Hi Almako. Are you fishing off the southern end of Moreton? Interesting that you guys are saying they are few and far between. I have found this to be one of the better years off the top end of the island. We have had no troubles catching plenty of snapper on every trip we have done this year. All those fish have been on soft plastics, and plenty of big fish in those catches.

Our last trip - 2 weeks ago now consisted of a morning session, a snooze during the middle of the day and then back for an afternoon / evening session. Between the 2 anglers we caught over 20 legal sized snapper to 83cms, keeping 4 and releasing the rest. We actually found the fish right on the surface during the morning session, with jigs being grabbed within seconds of them splashing down. This year, we have had consistent fishing from Roberts Shoal right up to Hutchies. We have done at least half a dozen trips over the past few months and caught (and released) lots of fish on every trip.

Cheers

Jeff