Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electric motor set up for kayak

Re: Electric motor set up for kayak

Never heard of dinga as a tackle shop i checked it out bloody good deals on There thanks.

sent from the beerhunter

+1 for dinga been using them for a couple of years and never had a problem.
    Cheers
    Ray

Well i dropped a sketch off to my boiler maker friend i should have a mount back in a day or 2 for less than $50

sent from the beerhunter

RoadTechMarine have a 32lb for $199-00. Weighs 14.5kgs with 5 forward & 3 reverse speeds. I just bought one for myself & cut down the shaft to suit my C-Kayak. Worth comparing to Sea Snake & Minn Kota for features & price plus they carry all spare as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro View Post
    RoadTechMarine have a 32lb for $199-00. Weighs 14.5kgs with 5 forward & 3 reverse speeds. I just bought one for myself & cut down the shaft to suit my C-Kayak. Worth comparing to Sea Snake & Minn Kota for features & price plus they carry all spare as well.
    Thanks mate I'll check them out. My mount is made need to decide on a motor now. When I get home from work i want it set up to fish for Christmas.

I'm keen to make a home made outrigger set up and even a little flat deck to stand on I'm not keen to cast lures sitting down anyone have any ideas? I was thinking a small marine ply deck and foam outriggers

sent from the beerhunter

Whack a bow mount wireless job on.......nothing else will steer as well or be as easy to handle in currents / cross winds.
    Jack.

Whack a bow mount wireless remote control job on.......nothing else will steer as well or be as easy to handle in currents / cross winds.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Whack a bow mount wireless remote control job on.......nothing else will steer as well or be as easy to handle in currents / cross winds.
    Yeah mate I'm hearing ya. I'm mounting it just forward if center so hopefully it will have a similar effect. I really want a manual tiller job. I have a remote on my tinnie now and i sort of like the tiller job i had on my car topper better.
    Time will tell.

sent from the beerhunter

Well I'm home from work in a few days so the yak will be getting a few mods. My plan is to catch 3 jacks over 40cm on cast lures from it before the end if summer. A big ask but I'm committed.
    I have since come across old town canoes very stable and can easily stand up in but that can wait i gotta finish this build first

sent from the beerhunter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motor and mount finally ready for fitting

sent from the beerhunter

uploadfromtaptalk1450252371613.jpg

sent from the beerhunter

Test fitting

sent from the beerhunter

sent from the beerhunter

I know I'm talking to myself but whats the smallest battery i should use ?
    90 or 100 amp hour will be too heavy i imagine?

Just got a sea master marine battery 80 amp hour weighs 20kg. Its about as big as i would of wanted with the weight. Goes really well holds into the current with plenty of power