Thread: Hi SEQ from the beerhunter

Hi SEQ from the beerhunter

Moved down from the east kimberley to maroochydore 6 years ago. Towed my brand new seajay territory tinny down and put it under a tarp to sit and rot for 6 years . Finally decided to give fishing a go here now.
    Motor ran on 1 cyl first start. Had the injectors cleaned new fuel and I'm in bussiness. Look forward to getting involved in this forum. Cheers the beerhunter

And probably shouldn't be just saying hi to the SEQ people but everyone

sent from the beerhunter

Re: Hi SEQ from the beerhunter

Welcome mate, get the ol girl up and running, plenty of fishing options for you in that area!

Blog Entries

Welcome beerhunter. Make sure you let us know how you go

Thanks guys. I should add i moved into a unit on the river after i split with the misses so i had a fish out the back the other night off the pontoon and got this 56cm jack ☺ i did kill it and i feel bad but I've released a hell off a lot in the past probably 99% of them. But God it was nice crumbed and shallow fried.
    Then i find I'm in the paper damn ex and kids did it and now I'm officially famous will all be released from now on
    Looking forward to scanning the area from my boat soon. A couple if pics of my first maroochy jack caught 3 days ago on low tide at 11pm .

sent from the beerhunter

Don't feel bad about knocking the odd one on the head. Waste of good bread crumbs if you don't. Good luck with the local area - suspect it may come as a shock to the system compared to the Kimberley's. Fish will probably be a little more "educated" down here.

well done mate. I don't get the officially famous thing...do you mean the ex and kids put your pic in the paper about the jack?
    anyway, no matter, hope it all goes well for you there.
    regards jim

Welcome aboard mate. I agree with scatter there is nothing wrong with killing some fish for the table. Cheers mate
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Yeah thanks guys. I just think how slow growing jacks are. That fish i got was probably not far off leaving to go to the offshore reefs so would of been a breeder. But maybee there are heaps of jacks in the river they are just hard to catch. I wouldn't mind going for a dive to have a look around see whats down there but I'm scared of going under water 😁

sent from the beerhunter

I wouldn't worry too much - we don't generally get walking handbags this far south and our bullies are delicate eaters compared to their Kimberly cousins. They don't eat much. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    well done mate. I don't get the officially famous thing...do you mean the ex and kids put your pic in the paper about the jack?
    anyway, no matter, hope it all goes well for you there.
    regards jim
    Yeah mate famous because i was in the paper lol. Kids were calling me famous so yeah i was famous. I've got all bases covered kayak ,boat and pontoon in the backyard so hopefully I'll get a few more before the end of the season.

sent from the beerhunter

Dusting off the old tinnie

sent from the beerhunter

sent from the beerhunter

Haha finally got my boat too my backyard

Yea haaa