Thread: Constant Creek Mackay

Constant Creek Mackay

Hi Guys

Please help lol

Looking at heading to constant creek next weekend for the first time and was hoping to get on to some muddies/barra/salmon. I have heard there are a lot of rock bars throughout the area. Just looking for some tips and advice on the area mainly after muddies. Will be putting our 4m tinny in at a 0.50m low with a high tide of 5.50m

Thankyou very much

Re: Constant Creek Mackay

Hi mate,

Constant Ck is a great little creek. I've fished it since I was a kid.
    However, with the introduction of the new boatramp a couple of years ago, It now seems to cop a lot of traffic on weekends!
    Just be careful as the ramp drops away at the bottom.....noticeable at low low tides.
    There are a few rock bars to be wary of at low tide, and sometimes getting to the mouth is not possible on low water.
    But, IMO, low tide is the best time to suss out a creek! You'll soon find the holes, where bait gathers, and get a general layout of the creek.
    Fish are caught both up and downstream from the ramp. Crabs are scarce at the moment in all the systems.
    So, take your time, put up with your fellow boaties, and hopefully you'll get a few fish!

Wade