Thread: Can I buy 3 hrs of your time ?

Exclamation Can I buy 3 hrs of your time ?

The Net Free Area Legislation is due to be debated this Wednesday evening ( 14thy October ) between 7.30pm and 10.00pm at Parliament House, Queensland.

This will be quite historic legislation. Unlike the Burns Inquiry which were recommendations to a government, this will be the passing of legislation that provides areas without commercial netting.

The Minister’s office has asked for as many supporters in the public gallery as possible.

It is amazing how much is acknowledged by the Parliament by having supporters of legislation in the gallery on the night it is debated.

Please.......... if you have some time to spare, can on in and enjoy this historic moment.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Can I buy 3 hrs of your time ?

The Minister has confirmed today the timing is still accurate for this legislative debate.

It has been made clear that some LNP MP's may vote / speak against this legislation, I certainly hope NOT

cheers LP

The net free fishing zones are in, the LNPs disallowance motion failed 41 to 46
    I sincerely hope MP Mark " the Fishermans Friend" found a way to avoid voting on this disallowance motion.
    ~~~><))))*>

Yeah right.

There was nearly 2 and 1/2 hrs of speeches on this issue from both sides of parliament last night before the Minister had his say.

The vote was taken and the dis-allowance motion was defeated 46 - 41.

Net Free Zones, as proposed are in and will be enforced on November 1 this year.

More to add later.

cheers LP

[QUOTE=Mike Delisser
    I sincerely hope MP Mark " the Fishermans Friend" found a way to avoid voting on this disallowance motion.[/QUOTE]
    I am allergic to fishermans friends my lips go numb and tongue swells up when I suck on one of them. They also taste like licorice which is also pretty grim.
    On a serious note Tom Burns would have turned over in his grave and risen to haunt you if the motion would have got up
    Cheers
    Ray