Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does the site constantly ask me to log in on my iPad..

Re: Why does the site constantly ask me to log in on my iPad..

Working fine for me on Iphone and Ipad. it sounds like you have somehow cleared the cookie

To set whether Safari blocks cookies, tap Settings > Safari > Block Cookies and choose Always Allow, Allow from websites I visit, Allow from Current Websites Only, or Always Block. In iOS 7 or earlier, choose Never, From third parties and advertisers, or Always.

A cookie is a piece of data that a website puts on your device. Using cookies, the website can remember you when you visit again, and the webpage can be customized for you based on information you may have provided.Some pages might not work unless you accept cookies. For instance:

• You're unable to log in to a website or webpage using your correct username and password.
    • You see a message on a webpage that cookies are required, or that your browser's cookie functionality is turned off.
    • You try to use a feature on a website, but it doesn't work as expected.

Make sure you restart safari after you make any changes

To restart, double click on the home button and then swipe safari up to close it. Good idea to close a lot of apps like this as they could be running in the background and using up your battery

You could also try holding the sleep/wake and home button until the apple logo appears. This will restart the Iphone/Ipad
    Last edited by Ausfish; 04-11-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks.I tried all of this previously.There is still a problem.It appears that it times out.So i can go in /out of this site but come back after an hour or so and it does not recognise me.I think maybe to do with IOS 9.1.Other websites i visit there is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Giveitacrack View Post
    Thanks.I tried all of this previously.There is still a problem.It appears that it times out.So i can go in /out of this site but come back after an hour or so and it does not recognise me.I think maybe to do with IOS 9.1.Other websites i visit there is not an issue.
    I assume you are ticking the Remember me box?

If so then it will be in your settings somewhere that you have set it to not remember for this website

I am using IOS 9.1 and not having the issue, trying to recreate it but can not. Will keep looking into it though

ausfishlogin.jpg

I have the same problem. Also the top of the page looks like two pages overlayed and covers my notifications.

Thanks for your help Steve.Tried everything in safari settings.I always tick the box...

I've still got the same problem with all cookies allowed. Also have the same problem as Dog15 since the site was upgraded to Orange.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I've still got the same problem with all cookies allowed. Also have the same problem as Dog15 since the site was upgraded to Orange.
    Have you tried selecting the Ipad style?

On the bottom left of all pages is the Style chooser, you can select the Ipad style there

ausfishstyle.jpg
    Last edited by Ausfish; 06-11-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Any ideas yet from anyone?I have tried everthing.Other websites are fine.

I worked it out but couldn't put a finger on what exactly it was. I cleared the cookies and then allowed passwords and then added ausfish to the favourites then restarted the iPad. When I went back in the save password popup came back up again and it's worked ever since.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Thanks Lovey.
    Tried your advice, still a problem.It seems to time out as I can close the webpage and go straight back in.Try again in an hour or two and I have to log back in.I use autofill but that is still logging back in.

Finally sorted it.What happened previously when you cleared your searches on Safari it kept website data if you chose (tick the box etc)on websites.Now with iOS 9.1 it clears website data and cookies.As i always clear my searches, thats why.Muppet I am.Plenty of discussion on Apple forum so they may sort it on the iOS 9.2 upgrade.Thanks to all for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Giveitacrack View Post
    Finally sorted it.What happened previously when you cleared your searches on Safari it kept website data if you chose (tick the box etc)on websites.Now with iOS 9.1 it clears website data and cookies.As i always clear my data, thats why.Muppet I am.Plenty of discussion on Apple forum so they may sort it on the iOS 9.2 upgrade.Thanks to all for your replies.
    When you login you username and password is stored (encrypted) in a cookie, whether this be iPad or computer browser. Clearing your website data deletes this cookie. At login sites that require a username and password for a presence of said cookie, if it's not there you will be asked to login with your username and password.

Also bare in mind you saved data is considered 'cache' this helps speed up browsing and on sites you commonly visit.

There is little value is deleting data, if you want to browse anonymously use the 'private' feature on your iPad. It's in safari when you open a new window, bare in mind cookies will not be saved and require to continuously enter you user name and password.

Happy surfing
    Mat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk